Recent posts

Emulators / Re: CPCemu 2.5 released
Last post by Gryzor - Today at 09:04
Despite Play store showing an update for August 14, launching it only shows 2.1?
Emulators / Re: CPCemu 2.5 released
Last post by Emu - Today at 08:55
@SkulleateR 
Please try to rename "~/Library/Application\ Support/CPCemu/cpcemu.cfg" to some backup name (or delete it completely). Does CPCemu work after that?

Oddly enough, the binary does not work on my own Mac anymore, but I cannot even start it. Do you have an M1 or an Intel Mac?
Emulators / Re: Is there an emulator where...
Last post by Emu - Today at 08:51
It's also possible in CPCemu's debugger, but the debugger is still bad to use. However, it has the advantage that you can single-step or multi-step the CRTC using command "c" or "cSTEPNUMBER". If you want to try it you can use the command "crtc REG=VAL", where REG and VAL are hexadecimal numbers without "&" or "$" or "0x".
nice work eto! im going to have to try to measure mine...

..i wonder if it would be possible to use the lightpen pin on the expansion connector with a photodiode to have the cpc itself measure it, like count how many ticks between the photodiode triggering the pin...
Quote from: dalekman9999 on 12:15, 23 February 22Hey there, I've been repairing my amstrad today, fixed it's tape idler. Upon reassembly I'd noticed a piece that looked like a white disk with a small tube had come off and found out it was meant for holding the pause button down. Upon trying to put it in, it snapped, with the little plastic piece now stuck in there while the cap part of it is now detached. I was wondering if anyone knows how I could fix this to make the pause button operational and proper again. Including photos below of what I'm referring to You cannot view this attachment. You cannot view this attachment.
Hi,

I hope you can help me...I'm restoring one 464 and I missing plastic piece of pause mechanism of tape drive,spring and plastic pin.
I saw your post and photo, does anybody  3d printed that allready? 
Can you send me scan (1:1) of plastic (both sides), that I can make stl file for printing?
Thanks!

I made a picture of the pause butto
Quote from: thomas on 16:57, 14 June 21I made a picture of the pause button mechanism parts for reference.

Hi,

I'm restoring one 464 and I missing plastic piece of pause mechanism of tape drive,spring and plastic pin.
Does anybody  3d printed that allready? 
Can you send me scan (1:1) of plastic (both sides), that I can make stl file for printing?
Thanks!
@ shacpc

The reference to " INTRO" in the PDF Means ENTER (English)
On The CPC we would need to have a way of displaying the Game Names directly
Without using a Paper chart ?

Keep Safe

Ray
Games / Re: Converted GX4000 .cpr - Th...
Last post by iXien - Today at 01:08
I know I'll be a little off-topic (but not completely), but I just discovered a nice remix of the Cybernoid CPC/Spectrum music on Youtube and I wanted to share it with you as it seems that not a lot of people found it. Icing on the cake, a comment from Dave Rogers himself  8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpMr7mNZ-rg&list=WL&index=41

So satisfying and above all so regressive  ;D
Emulators / Plus DMA Repeat instruction in...
Last post by dthrone - Yesterday at 21:28
I'm a bit confused by how Winape treats the Plus DMA Repeat instruction.

The Arnold V doc states "The argument field (N) of the REPEAT instruction is actually the number of times the loop is taken. The block of code between REPEAT and LOOP instructions is therefore executed N+1 times."  I don't quite understand what this means.

In a Repeat (&2NNN) / Loop (&4001) loop Winape seems to output the PSG data in between NNN+1 times.  In the Arnold emulator and on a real GX the data seems to be outputted NNN times.

So my sound is bugged in Winape but not on real hardware or in Arnold :(