Creating new Shows - i need your suggestions

Started by RolandRadio, 08:35, 30 June 20

Previous topic - Next topic

RolandRadio

Quote from: SuTeKH/Epyteor on 08:43, 21 July 20
No, no, no, no, no, no, no! Please! Don't do a show full of my abominations! Use the time for a proper musician; Jason C Brooke, Tiny Williams, Dave Rogers or anyone... basically!

Really! No-one wants a whole hour of ear-piercing rubbish from me!

I like it. It's playing at the moment.
Welcome to RolandRadio.net We are playing the finest Amstrad CPC music 24 hours a day, seven days a week. AY around the clock. For your pleasure.

tastefulmrship

Quote from: RolandRadio on 18:25, 21 July 20
I like it. It's playing at the moment.
I have just over 24 hours of converted (and some original) abominations of sound.
Trust me, after a few weeks you will be trying to gouge your own ears out with a blunt spoon! ^_^

Targhan

QuoteI have just over 24 hours of converted (and some original) abominations of sound.

I personally like most of your songs, don't be ashamed of them :).

Two things:
- Are they are recorded on the real hardware? This is important to me.
- This is debatable and no one may agree with me, but I think we should limit music (I didn't say remove) that is not from released productions (games, demos, music disk). Basically, I believe that a lot of the charms of the radio comes from music you heard, or can be heard, on released productions. Memory is important. Maybe that's just me? Basically, I think the radio shouldn't broadcast too much conversions. We already heard them before...
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

RolandRadio

Quote from: SuTeKH/Epyteor on 12:46, 23 July 20
I have just over 24 hours of converted (and some original) abominations of sound.
Trust me, after a few weeks you will be trying to gouge your own ears out with a blunt spoon! ^_^

As artists only shows are only twice a week the more titles we have the More Variation will be. One show is played in the morning. One in <thenevening to reach also listeners in different time zones.
Welcome to RolandRadio.net We are playing the finest Amstrad CPC music 24 hours a day, seven days a week. AY around the clock. For your pleasure.

tastefulmrship

Quote from: RolandRadio on 15:34, 23 July 20
As artists only shows are only twice a week the more titles we have the More Variation will be. One show is played in the morning. One in <thenevening to reach also listeners in different time zones.
I appreciate that, it's just that artists like McKlain, Jason C Brooke and Tiny Williams are getting close to the 1:30:00 threshold. I, personally, would prefer to hear their original tunes than my abominations (I have an AYEmul playlist so I can listen to them all whenever, anyway! ^_^)

The last thing I would want to see is 90% artist shows and 10% random (proper) radio! Again, a personal opinion, but I much prefer the random radio and tend to switch off for an hour or so during artist shows!

RolandRadio

I also prefer the random or the underrated shows. But some users liked the artist only. And due to the threshold of 1:30 it's not getting toooo much. Most of the better known artists are played in the top 15 show anyway

BSC

I think it would be great to have a show "Newest tunes", playing only tunes that have just recently added to the database.

Like the ones currently on your FTP server ;-)

And maybe a show for "underrated" tunes, if that does not already exist.. Anyway I think newer tunes should got more
exposure like those that are part of any regular show like the charts or the artists-related ones.

PS: Why on earth does the editor widget add \[font=Verdana\] tags to my stuff?

** My SID player/tracker AYAY Kaeppttn! on github **  Some CPC music and experiments ** Other music ** More music on scenestream (former nectarine) ** Some shaders ** Some Soundtrakker tunes ** Some tunes in Javascript

My hardware: ** Schneider CPC 464 with colour screen, 64k extension, 3" and 5,25 drives and more ** Amstrad CPC 6128 with M4 board, GreaseWeazle.

Targhan

>I think it would be great to have a show "Newest tunes"
Good idea, or "tunes from recent games" (but would represent a huge amount of work, as title aren't related to a year yet, to my knowledge).

... Is it me, or the web-player only streams Mono at a fairly low quality? Maybe offer more streaming choice?
Targhan/Arkos

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

seanb

Have a show that plays the chip tune versions of real songs or TV and film themes found in Amstrad games.

Copyright willing.
Thou shall not question Captain Wrong!

villain

Quote from: seanb on 11:46, 10 August 20
Have a show that plays the chip tune versions of real songs or TV and film themes found in Amstrad games.

Copyright willing.
That's what I already intended some years ago... ;-)

Targhan

The "Dizzy special" is nice, but the same song keeps playing again. Either find a better random algorithm (which discards the already played song), or shorten the show to half an hour?
Targhan/Arkos

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

RolandRadio

The Show is only half an hour if i remember the settings right. Problem is that even the dizzy brothers dont have any more original amstrad cpc songs than we do on RR itself. But i migth check the settings once more and maybe we can do two half-hour-shows right behind each other.

tastefulmrship

Quote from: RolandRadio on 16:49, 12 August 20
The Show is only half an hour if i remember the settings right. Problem is that even the dizzy brothers dont have any more original amstrad cpc songs than we do on RR itself. But i migth check the settings once more and maybe we can do two half-hour-shows right behind each other.
May I make a suggestion for your second 30-minute show;
DAVE ROGERS TUNES!
There is just over 1-hour of his music, so why not play half of them! ^_^

RolandRadio

Artist only shows should be one hour. And so we need a minimum of 1:30 of material

tastefulmrship

Maybe so, but surely a 30-minute show of DAVE ROGERS' music is better than no DAVE ROGERS show! ^_^

BSC

Quote from: RolandRadio on 10:25, 16 August 20
Artist only shows should be one hour. And so we need a minimum of 1:30 of material

Why not shorter shows? One hour is pretty long anyways. 30 mins would be just fine, I think.
Again - if you live by the claim that RR is supposed to be a community:

Why don't you poll your users on decisions like this instead of just fixing things the way you like them?
** My SID player/tracker AYAY Kaeppttn! on github **  Some CPC music and experiments ** Other music ** More music on scenestream (former nectarine) ** Some shaders ** Some Soundtrakker tunes ** Some tunes in Javascript

My hardware: ** Schneider CPC 464 with colour screen, 64k extension, 3" and 5,25 drives and more ** Amstrad CPC 6128 with M4 board, GreaseWeazle.

RolandRadio

Radio automation software Works with hours per definition because of news Jingles time announcements ans so on. Technology has nothing to do with voting rights.

tastefulmrship

So... why not upgrade "The DIZZY Show" to "the OLIVER TWINS Show", incorporating all of the other amazing Code Masters games, as well! Thus making it an hour show again! -yay-

RolandRadio

BSC

One thing about the schedule: Sometimes, two or even three shows are played in a row. I think it would be nicer to have one or even two hours of pure Roland in-between.

RolandRadio

The reason for that is the freetime of people potentially listeing to the shows. once oin the morging and 12 jhours later again.

But i will rethink the arrangement and maybe spread it more wide across the week itself and reduce shows .