Author Topic: Creating new Shows - i need your suggestions  (Read 2331 times)

Offline RolandRadio

• CPC664
  • Rolandradio.net
    • Roland Radio
  • Liked: 92
  • Likes Given: 67
Creating new Shows - i need your suggestions
« on: 10:35, 30 June 20 »
A few months ago we had some "Artists only"-Shows from Artists having a wide range of titles on RolandRadio. But we cancelled those shows while reprogramming the system.

Now after we have a great success with the Top15-Show i think about doing more shows with specialized themes during the day.

Did you like the "Targhan only" and similar Shows and want them back?
What about theme-styled hourly shows like "Car racing tunes only" :D

"Dizzy-Special" and so on.

If you have any ideas or suggestions i'm glad to read them here.
Welcome to RolandRadio.net We are playing the finest Amstrad CPC music 24 hours a day, seven days a week. AY around the clock. For your pleasure.

Offline ComSoft6128

• Supporter
  • 6128 Plus
  • CPC THEN CPC NOW
    • index.php?action=treasury
  • Liked: 1526
  • Likes Given: 3331
Re: Creating new Shows - i need your suggestions
« Reply #1 on: 10:39, 30 June 20 »
The "Top ten" By year?

Offline RolandRadio

• CPC664
  • Rolandradio.net
    • Roland Radio
« Reply #2 on: 10:52, 30 June 20 »

The "Top ten" By year?
Thats a nice idea for playing on Week 52 of a year. to play the top-charts by rating by year. i will think about it. Nice!
Welcome to RolandRadio.net We are playing the finest Amstrad CPC music 24 hours a day, seven days a week. AY around the clock. For your pleasure.

Offline SkulleateR

• CPC6128
  • Liked: 114
« Reply #3 on: 14:15, 30 June 20 »
How about something like "most-underrated-tunes" but it could be difficult to decide ;)

Offline RolandRadio

• CPC664
  • Rolandradio.net
    • Roland Radio
« Reply #4 on: 16:09, 30 June 20 »
How about something like "most-underrated-tunes" but it could be difficult to decide ;)
i can select all titles who are rated by less than 5 users (which is the limit to get into the charts calculation) and then shuffle the titles, select 20 and play them in the "most underrated titles"-Show. And if we play this show more often during the week i can reshuffle the list, so every "underrated"-Show has different titles from the whole pool of titles with low ratings

Offline BSC

• CPC6128
  • CPC 464 aspirant
    • my (Android) mobile game
  • Liked: 298
  • Likes Given: 266
« Reply #5 on: 20:37, 30 June 20 »
Demo-tunes only would be nice, as they tend to be a bit more modern and a bit less often played, overall.

Also nice: Pop-Song covers. Amiga (general cross platform) covers.

Offline RolandRadio

• CPC664
  • Rolandradio.net
    • Roland Radio
« Reply #6 on: 22:38, 30 June 20 »
Demo tunes only should be possible as I tagged the productions on Roland radio if they are demos. So I can hopefully select all titles from productions which are Demos Shuffle them and generate a hourly playlist.
I#d love to have some extra informations about the musics played then but it’s hard to find some nice and informative texts for the demos or their tunes. Maybe you can provide some extra informations about your tunes? Location did, year, surroundings.

Offline RolandRadio

• CPC664
  • Rolandradio.net
    • Roland Radio
« Reply #7 on: 22:41, 30 June 20 »
Villain and myself planned a show chipunes versus real. Where we first play the chiptune and after that the original tune.. will cost 360 euros for gems / biem but can be worth the fun.  But we ended up with only four or five tunes we found. So also help is appreciated for telling us about chip tunes that have a real world predecessor.

Offline mr_lou

• 6128 Plus
    • index.php?action=treasury
    • 8-bit Memoirs - a Blu-ray diskmag-like eBook about the 8-bit era
  • Liked: 1219
  • Likes Given: 2443
« Reply #8 on: 08:08, 01 July 20 »
I have two suggestions/ideas:

1: Tracks that utilize stereo in a way that they sound good with headphones?

2: Tracks that also exists in other filetype versions for other platforms? (Play the other version too for comparison).

Offline SuTeKH/Epyteor

• 6128 Plus
  • Liked: 1272
  • Likes Given: 2018
« Reply #9 on: 08:55, 01 July 20 »
Villain and myself planned a show chipunes versus real. Where we first play the chiptune and after that the original tune.. will cost 360 euros for gems / biem but can be worth the fun.  But we ended up with only four or five tunes we found. So also help is appreciated for telling us about chip tunes that have a real world predecessor.
To slightly enhance this idea; Chris Abbott recently released an Arcade Classics remix album, so perhaps do an arcade show where you play the arcade original and one (or more) AY versions; Outrun, Alien Storm, Space Harrier, etc. Perhaps have interviews with CPCers telling how/why they converted the tune!

Or, a show that showcases the differences between C64 and CPC; Ghost & Goblins, Cybernoid (1 & 2), Stormlord, etc. Where the music we had was so different to the C64 music! I realise this will include a LOT of JDR, but that's not exactly an issue! ^_^ Again, playing both tunes!