RolandRadio 2020

Started by RolandRadio, 21:08, 15 March 20

Previous topic - Next topic

RolandRadio

So i deleted the old RolandRadio homepage and set up a complpete new system - also a new stream and this little project is bringing much fun due to my corona-free-time :-)

I have set up a new parser, so everyone who is using an old link to get the actual playlist-data shall update and fetch the new values from here:
https://rolandradio.net/playlist/actual

Also the playlist is now working again and within the next weeks there will be hopefully much progress to the system. Also you now can (and should) register as an user to access the protected areas :-)

So i am trying to build a little community around the RolandRadio system.

Some of you are doing youtube videos - maybe we can integrate the audio track into RolandRadio? If you (whoever you are) are interested in doing that get in contact.

Are a few of you out there listening to RolandRadio once in a while? I would love to read about your experience and when you listen to RolandRadio. At work? while programming? Tell me!

Regards
Roland

Listen to great Amstrad CPC tunes - visit https://rolandradio.net
Welcome to RolandRadio.net We are playing the finest Amstrad CPC music 24 hours a day, seven days a week. AY around the clock. For your pleasure.

ComSoft6128

Hi @RolandRadio ,

You could open a Classical section using these:

https://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/applications/the-advanced-music-studio-brandenburg-concertos-1-and-2/

Most of the larger pieces might not be of much interest to listeners but some of the smaller pieces might be. Have a listen to the William Tell Overture or the Sabre Dance and see what you think.

Cheers,

Peter

Targhan

I listen almost every day, using Winamp. I listened to the latest channel, no trouble (but none of the new music I recorded?) except the title of the songs which are changing every seconds.
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

RolandRadio

That's a really nice idea.
Now I need to find someone who records that without humming and as audio files.
But I like the idea auf making a classical section to play Sunday's evening.
Welcome to RolandRadio.net We are playing the finest Amstrad CPC music 24 hours a day, seven days a week. AY around the clock. For your pleasure.

RolandRadio

I have seen some tunes on the FTP Server yesterday. So I will try to import them into the automation maybe today if I remember how to do this :)

At 2nd April 2020 Roland radio exists since 5 years. Yay. 

Quote from: Targhan on 09:33, 16 March 20
I listen almost every day, using Winamp. I listened to the latest channel, no trouble (but none of the new music I recorded?) except the title of the songs which are changing every seconds.

RolandRadio

Quote from: Targhan on 09:33, 16 March 20Except the title of the songs which are changing every seconds.

Oh. That's something new. Haven't had this problem before. Maybe some issue with the radio automation which generates the stream. I need to check this later. Maybe a restart will do the job.

Targhan

QuoteNow I need to find someone who records that without humming and as audio files
I have a huge TODO list to do, but I can add that. However, I want FIRST to make sure that what I recorded is indeed use. So when I hear them on the radio, I'll know that :).

@ComSoft6128 PM me pointers on the DSK with the music and the software (advanced music studio I guess ?) if you have them.
Targhan/Arkos

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

norecess464

Happy Birthday RolandRadio ! :)

I admit not being a regular listener, but from times to times, I enjoy connecting to it so.. thanks for the service!
My personal website: https://norecess.cpcscene.net
My current project is Sonic GX, a remake of Sonic the Hedgehog for the awesome Amstrad GX-4000 game console!

RolandRadio

I have updated and restarted the streaming.rolandradio.net servers and now the bug with the title updates for every second seem to be gone. Homefully it stays stable. if not: inform me. Thank you.

ComSoft6128

@Targhan the YT videos are recorded using a 6128 Plus and the original software and music files - so no DSK files.
I can provide the files as MP3's by using 4K Video Downloader to strip the audio component if that suits?

RolandRadio

Problem on the YouTube-Files is that there is a bad humming on the audio, so we may not can filter this humming and it will be a pain in the ass for the audience to listen to these classic tunes if the rest on roland radio is clear and bright from its recording side.

so those classical tunes need to be recorded new and without any distortion if possible to keep up the high audio quality of RolandRadio.

http://streaming.rolandradio.net:8000/rolandradio

ComSoft6128

Interesting.
Having compared the original file and the copy I've just downloaded from YT (128kbps) I hear no humming or distortion on either - just pure CPC music.  :D

RolandRadio

OK. i listened yesterday on youtube to some of the videos. Maybe the distortion is from my own equipment. Who knows.
can you send me the Mp3-File to info@rolandradio.net so i can check it? That will be great.
We also have an anonymous FTP-Server on upload.rolandradio.net for mass uploading
But to check the quality it will be great if you can just email me the mp3 file. Thank you for your help!

ComSoft6128

RolandRadio

Have received your test files. Will listen to them later on me headset.
Thank you very much for the files.
I'd love to get more (all) of the classic CPC-tunes for RolandRadio. So there will than a special Show somwhere at the late weekend where we can sip a glass of wine while listening to Bach, Chopin, and maybe some Roudoudou :-)

And on a nice sunday evening there will be this announcement:

QuoteWelcome and a wonderful evening here at "classical music by homecomputer" on RolandRadio. Listen for one hour to the best classical compositions played by the Amstrad CPC Orchestra on only three channels. Be fascinated by the intoxicating world of classical music. Here on RolandRadio.net

RolandRadio

The first file seems to be ok. But the Willem tell has a very bad distortion on the silent parts.
But maybe it's better than noting and we can filter that distortion out on the Roland radio broadcast system.
So if you have the time and want to rip those classical sounds I can add them to the station.

Targhan

On the main stream, it seems ok! However, the other stream are down: http://streaming.rolandradio.net/ returns a "bad gateway".
Targhan/Arkos

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

VincentGR

It's in my description videos on YT from now own.
I listen from my android phone using an app and from my Pi Zero through terminal.

RolandRadio

Quote from: Targhan on 22:14, 16 March 20
On the main stream, it seems ok! However, the other stream are down: http://streaming.rolandradio.net/ returns a "bad gateway".

I have fixed the streaming servers homepage issues. Now everything seems to be ok.
But I will optimise the streams later on and maybe rename some of them or remove unnecessary formats or add some
I will open a separate thread about this here in the rr board.

VincentGR

OK, on retro games radio on android still works.

ComSoft6128

Hi,

I have now listened to the original MP4 file created using the OSSC/Hauppauge Rocket and the MP3 version downloaded from YT - as far as I can tell they are identical - I hear no distortion.
Possibly you would be best using the original files and stripping the audio track yourself?

RolandRadio

Thanks for the information.
As I am working hard on the new homepage and the radio automation system I sadly don't have the time to rip music so I would be very happy if you can provide the audio files if possible. Thank you in advance

RolandRadio

ComSoft6128

OK,

I have published 37 YT music files so far which is too many for me to convert to MP3 format in a few days. If you select 10 of the files I will convert them this week. You will need to edit some of these files as a few are silent for the first few minutes (displaying screens/text files etc). Most of the files will be quite large (10MB>) so probably its best I create an account with Dropbox (or similar) to send them to you.

Targhan

@ComSoft6128 What I don't understand is that since you recorded from a real CPC, which don't you have the WAVs?

@RolandRadio Seems to work fine! I didn't hear the new songs, but I'm sure I will eventually :).
Two suggestions:
- You should put the Mono stream on the front page too, because some people will use it (including me).
- The random algorithm is not great. I always hear the same songs. Lately I use a random on my local collections of my tracks and heard many songs I didn't remember and that I almost never heard on the radio.

Thanks for you great work!
Targhan/Arkos

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

ComSoft6128

@Targhan The OSSC/Hauppauge Rocket combination creates MP4 files which I then upload to YT. If necessary, I then use 4K video Downloader to strip the audio content of the YT files - aside from MP3 the only other audio file options are MPA and OGG.