You have detected an error on RolandRadio? please report them in this thread.

Started by RolandRadio, 15:36, 17 March 20

Previous topic - Next topic

RolandRadio

Sometimes mistakes happen and we strive to fix them as soon as possible.

To be informed about errors faster, write an email to bug@rolandradio.net or post it here in this thread.
We regularly look here in the forum and give feedback.

regards,
RolandRadio
Welcome to RolandRadio.net We are playing the finest Amstrad CPC music 24 hours a day, seven days a week. AY around the clock. For your pleasure.

BSC

Are you aware that the detailed ratings on a title page are buggy? Each of the rows of stars relating to distinct ratings show the overall rating instead of the number of stars related to that rating.
This page here, for example:

https://rolandradio.net/titles/11553

shows a total rating of 4.5 stars and below that there are two rows: one for the 5 stars ratings, showing 4.5 stars instead of 5
and one for the 4 star ratings, also showing 4.5 stars. I wonder if that is related to the browser (Chromium here) ..
** My SID player/tracker AYAY Kaeppttn! on github **  Some CPC music and experiments ** Other music ** More music on scenestream (former nectarine) ** Some shaders ** Some Soundtrakker tunes ** Some tunes in Javascript

My hardware: ** Schneider CPC 464 with colour screen, 64k extension, 3" and 5,25 drives and more ** Amstrad CPC 6128 with M4 board, GreaseWeazle.

RolandRadio

Read your message at the moment.
But this issue was fixed with the slightly re-design of the title detail pages at the 20th of June 2020. https://rolandradio.net/aboutus/progress
Also the last ten Chart-Ranks are now displayed on the right side
Welcome to RolandRadio.net We are playing the finest Amstrad CPC music 24 hours a day, seven days a week. AY around the clock. For your pleasure.

eto

is it working right now? It doesn't work for me at all.

I tried around an hour ago already and it says it's playing "[size=78%]Dave Rogers [/size][/size][size=78%]Netherworld[/size]" ever since. Nothing happens. Neither on Chrome nor Firefox. I even registered and logged in, no change.

RolandRadio

Was a Windows Update issue where the system waited for a key oressed to see the new features. I hate this. Auto start commands make no sense if Microsoft wants rimshot new cool features before running thensystem.

tastefulmrship

I've just gone through the first 2 pages of "Unknown Artist" and already got a large number of corrections.

Do you want them to be sent individually or is it ok to send the whole lot in one email?
OR... if it helps, I don't mind correcting them myself. A lot of my own tracks need renaming as well, so....

RolandRadio

Quote from: SuTeKH/Epyteor on 09:35, 17 July 20I've just gone through the first 2 pages of "Unknown Artist" and already got a large number of corrections.

Do you want them to be sent individually or is it ok to send the whole lot in one email?
OR... if it helps, I don't mind correcting them myself. A lot of my own tracks need renaming as well, so....

Renaming must be done in the automation system - there is no link from the website to this server. but we update titles on the website as soon as the corrected titles are played on the stream.
i would prefer to have all by an own email. this is better for working on the issues.

tastefulmrship

Quote from: RolandRadio on 11:48, 17 July 20
i would prefer to have all by an own email. this is better for working on the issues.
Okay! You're the boss!
I'd keep and eye on your Junk Folder today! Expect 200+ emails! ^_^

RolandRadio

tastefulmrship

If anything, that little lot should bolster the BEN DAGLISH, DAVID WHITTAKER, JASON C BROOKE and TINY WILLIAMS solo shows on RR!

RolandRadio

tastefulmrship

Quote from: RolandRadio on 22:18, 19 July 20
Nice. I start working on this stuff tomorrow.
Yes! Thanks for all the emails! A single "done" email would've been great! ^_^

As for the other 400-odd "Unknown Artist" tracks;

- I presume you guys will have more information about who wrote what back in the day! It took me most of a day to go through 614 tracks to find 200+ corrections. If you have the time to go through what's left then it can only help the database!

- I have no idea about the CPC demoscene, so cannot help with any of those. I guess you guys are far more qualified! Failing that, use the demogroup name, I guess?

- A lot of the 1984-1985 titles were probably programmed by one person anyway, so could be changed to their name or just the software company.

- The same applies for the likes of US Gold, Ocean, Go!, etc. up to 1992. I'd say it's impossible to detemine exactly who wrote what; I'm sure we're all well aware of the mess that computer music was in the 80s! Your suggestion of just entering the software company is the best idea.

EDIT: I have just noticed something. The #1 chart position shows 5 people giving the tune a 5-Star-Rating. However, only 4 usernames appear to the right of the rating-list! Eh? I have noticed this on a number of titles!

Targhan

QuoteA lot of the 1984-1985 titles were probably programmed by one person anyway, so could be changed to their name or just the software company.

My opinion on this, for what it is worth, is that I prefer have no author instead of something approximate or inaccurate. There is already the name of the game, if the user wants more information.
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

RolandRadio

And - if we have informations about the game / demo - we link to the author / company - so an "unknown artist" is no shame at all :D

RolandRadio

Quote from: SuTeKH/Epyteor on 08:29, 20 July 20A single "done" email would've been great! ^_^
Way tooo late :-)

but i have now added all corrections to the playout database and this will update the website within the next hours by playing the changed titles.

Nice job!
Thank you very much for those corrections.

tastefulmrship

I don't know if you're already aware of this, but there's a slight issue in the music-track page; the "last chart ranks" table only shows the first 10 chart positions (well, in truth the first 10 since the table was introduced in week 23) and not the most recent chart positions!

For example; you can see in the Zynaps track page, it shows the chart positions for weeks 23-32, even though it has never come out of the top 50! So, weeks 33-37 are ignored. It should show chart positions for weeks 28-37, no?

This happens for all chart tracks that have had more than 10 chart positions since week 23!

RolandRadio

i will try to correct this. it seems i am counting the wrong way :-)

Its fixed. Thank you for your report

tastefulmrship

There's a strange error that I noticed a few months ago;

Some tune pages (like this one) have a different number of "5-star" or "1-star" votes than are displayed in the "really like" and "really don't like" username lists. For example, you can see that this tune shows there are 10 "5-star" votes, but only 9 usernames displayed.
Could this be due to a user being deleted (eg, due to spam or not logging-in) and their vote still counting? If so, should their vote be deleted with the user?

RolandRadio

Yes in the beginning i deleted the one user who downvoted all those nice tunes due to spam. But the Rating-Table still has his vote.
I need to check which user ID this was and delete all votes from this userID in the database. Its a bit tricky to find that special user and i need to code a routine if i delete a user to not really delete him but rename him to something like "deleted user" to keep the system relevant data intact. Or i need to remove every entry this user has done during his lifetime. Which may cause in a bigger problems with the databases.

RolandRadio

tastefulmrship

Is there a way of checking if there are any more users like this? There was that time where RR had 200 or so users registered!

RolandRadio

Most of the Users where Spam-Users and i have thousands of them. But they dont verificate their email and so i delete all accounts which haven't verified their email within 24 hours after registering at RolandRadio. Also i only count the users with an verified email-address, so thats the reason why we have 78 users instead of 1487

tastefulmrship

So, I presume that any ratings those deleted users made would not be deleted when the user was deleted; just like User 322. There could be amy number of invalid ratings in RR.

RolandRadio

Those ratings are not invalid and this user is the one and only who was deleteded because of his behaviour.
All Things a user has done in the system is not invalid only because his account was deleted later on due to any possible reason.
A user who has registered in the system can not do anything before he verified his email account. so there is also no rating due to those automated fake users possible. It's hard to fight against trolls and multiple account users. but the only way to get rid of them is making rating a premium function only available after paying some money to set the bar high to just "spam around".

Maybe i will set up a premium account in the future, but at the moment i dont see the necessarity. Ratings are not that big problem as every user can decide on its own how to rate a title and should not be judged by his rating. but thats the reason i display the users with 5-star and 1-star ratings on the title detail page. Since that the most 1 star ratings all switched to 2 stars :-)

tastefulmrship

Quote from: RolandRadio on 08:05, 21 September 20
Those ratings are not invalid and this user is the one and only who was deleteded because of his behaviour.
All Things a user has done in the system is not invalid only because his account was deleted later on due to any possible reason.
A user who has registered in the system can not do anything before he verified his email account. so there is also no rating due to those automated fake users possible. It's hard to fight against trolls and multiple account users. but the only way to get rid of them is making rating a premium function only available after paying some money to set the bar high to just "spam around".
Unfortunately, this is incorrect! New users can rate tunes before verifying the email address and when the user is deleted, these ratings still exist on RR!

- I created an account a few days ago, called RatingsTest.
- I rated Demon's Revenge with this new account.
- I then received the "verify email address" email, but did not even open it!
- This morning I noticed that RatingsTest has been deleted, but the rating was still showing for Demon's Revenge!

Please see images attached.