General Category > Software related

6128 Plus BASIC problem?

<< < (3/3)

Animalgril987:
@ComSoft6128 : Hi Peter.
If you can send attach a dsk of the Basic program, when I get a mo I'll tidy up the code loader and insert extra OUT commands into the machine code to try and make it Plus compatible.

Alan.

megachur:
Hello,

First to search something like that :

Firstly, please try it on real hardware...

If there no 'bug', then the emulator you are using is not accurate with ASIC hardware.

Then we can find in the code the 'bug' and maybe fix it for +

Secondly, the ASIC use a partial PPI hardware implementation. That is why some 'tricks' with PPI don't work with ASIC. Also some tricks with ASIC don't work with PPI also !Recently, Ast have found one that not work in emulators like WinAPE for example...

Finally, the ASIC has not yet been sufficiently analyzed to know its exact hardware operation!

Note for example that it works at 40Mhz while most emulators make it work like the Gate Array, that is to say at 8Mhz!

ComSoft6128:

--- Quote from: Animalgril987 on 21:53, 18 March 21 ---@ComSoft6128 : Hi Peter.
If you can send attach a dsk of the Basic program, when I get a mo I'll tidy up the code loader and insert extra OUT commands into the machine code to try and make it Plus compatible.

Alan.

--- End quote ---

Hi @Animalgril987 ,
Thanks for the offer but I have worked around the problem by Running it on a 6128.
There is a link in my original post to the file at CPCPOWER if you want to check that out.

@megachur,

Thanks for the info.
I've been trying to Run this program on real hardware but as per above I've worked round it.

Cheers,

Peter

Animalgril987:
This version runs on a Plus emulator (at least until the "Turn disk over" message  :D ).

Don't know about a real Plus, though...

(Filename changed because I was fed up of having to use copy curser to get a tilde ( editting done on a real CPC)).  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version