Looking for .DSK software file for tAmstrad CPC Music Machine by RAM Electronics

Started by RetroCPC, 01:07, 07 February 23

Previous topic - Next topic

RetroCPC

I've been trying to purchase a RAM Electronics Amstrad CPC Music Machine with no luck, however I recently managed to purchase  a ZX spectrum version of the unit and plan to convert to an "Amstard CPC" version.

Does anyone have the software in .DSK format for this unit? I can only find a download MP3 file of the Cassette tape:-

https://www.cpcwiki.eu/imgs/c/c8/Music_Machine_%28tape%29.zie

If no luck with a .DSK file, then I have no idea if its possible to convert this MP3 to a .DSK file? any suggestion or could anyone please convert it for me?

Thanks in advance :)

XeNoMoRPH

It seems that this program only came out on cassette, there is no disc, it would be necessary to transform the CDT that is available to DSK, I don't know how to do that

CDT version - https://www.cpc-power.com/index.php?page=detail&onglet=dumps&num=4329
your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

RetroCPC

Thank for the reply - I'm not even sure what the CDT data is!!!

In the manual there is a section 2.3 WRT "loading from Disc" - but as you say, maybe the software was never released on disc...

ComSoft6128

Some info at 1:26

Best when viewed on a large screen at the YouTube setting of 720p but a laptop should also be legible.

ComSoft6128

RetroCPC

Thank for the links - it looks like I will have hardware built but no way of testing without the software :)

Still hoping someone paid the extra GBP10 for the Disc version :) At the time I only had a CPC464 - so tape drive...

Johnny Olsen

I have copied "The Music Machine" tape to disc.
The immediate difference between the tape and disc file is that a byte in &19A0 must be changed from 00 to 01 in the MMC.BIN file.
Without the hardware I can't test the program but it seems to work.

By the way, what do you want to use a DSK file for? it does not work on a real Amstrad CPC machine.

You cannot view this attachment.

RetroCPC

Quote from: Johnny Olsen on 01:05, 08 February 23I have copied "The Music Machine" tape to disc.
The immediate difference between the tape and disc file is that a byte in &19A0 must be changed from 00 to 01 in the MMC.BIN file.

By the way, what do you want to use a DSK file for? it does not work on a real Amstrad CPC machine.

Hi,

Massive thank you!!! I'll get back home early next week and will give it a try...

I hope I've not been asking for the wrong thing, but my CPC has Gotek drive fitted, its been a year since I worked with my CPC but I believe I dropped .DSK files onto the gotek drive (USB thumb drive)  - am I confused? (I'm REALLY sorry if I wasted your time here)...

I also have a M4, but not powered it yet...

So what I need is a "MusicMachine" program file that I can use on the Gotek drive or M4...

RetroCPC

Quote from: Johnny Olsen on 01:05, 08 February 23I have copied "The Music Machine" tape to disc.

I had originally planned to get back home for valentines - but sadly delayed... so not had the time to try your modified software - I'll let you know once I manage to give it a try... The ZX speacturm version of the Music Machine that I plan to convert to a CPC unit has arrived (back home, not had a chance to see it in person), so atleast some good news...

Much appreciated you spent the time looking into this for me!