News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

MP3 Collection Games for sharing - Wanted !

Started by G40rocket, 00:57, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

G40rocket

Roms or .dsk files are easy to find for Amstrad CPC 464 and comes in full set complete game package.

I was wondering if anyone here can share a full set of games for CPC in mp3 format.

If someone have in the private collection and don't care about sharing with me i will be very happy for test later in my CPC after some retrobright restauration  ;D

KaosOverride

There are some MP3 games at Amstradeus site. But for emulation use, the .CDT format is used. MP3 is a waste of space.

You can use any TZX player program to convert to WAV and then to MP3. Even for real CPCs, people is using CDT player apps at their android mobiles, to play directly their CDT collection and don't lose time converting to MP3...

But also you can have luck and someone has a nice set of MP3 ready for sharing
KaosOverride · GitHub
MEGA Amstrad Public Amstrad folder

KaosOverride

Here you have some MEGA links to 300 spanish games, and a set to games starting with "A"... It's an slow and hard work in progress
http://www.amstrad.es/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3546
KaosOverride · GitHub

G40rocket

KaosOverride, thank you very much for the info and the mp3 games link !!!

It's a excellent starting for me and my first Amstrad CPC experience.  :D

Congratulations to this community. excellent people here.

McKlain

What are you using to play the mp3 files?

AMSDOS

I was generally finding WMA at 320kbps to be more reliable for loading programs if your equipment allowed it, though WAV is best if it's supported - there are programs which can convert CDT to WAV on World of Spectrum.

In my trials with mp3, I seemed to be having more success with stuff saved in Speed Write 1 - I'm guessing because of the Higher Pitch, though I'm not sure what else it would be. In that case I was only loading BASIC programs.
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

KaosOverride

At the spanish thread you can see a post from me where I show which MP3 player I use. It's an chinnese player with cassette form. It has It's own inductor so you can insert it at your CPC464. It has a remote but you have to mod it to put the sensor at a visible place because it's at a side for radiocars.

There are 2 main models. One with a traction rubber at the right of the inductor header and other that not. The one with the rubber loads a bit better, different circuit also...

I have loaded the 1943 from Amstradeus (protected) and the Breaking Baud demo from an MP3 converted by me from CDT with playTZX to WAV and Audacity + lame MP3 encoder. But some times you have to play with the equalizer, and I usually use the volume to max (15 pulses to Vol+) and back 2 or 3 to Vol- (Thats vol to 13 or 12)

This advices for equ and vol should be valid for other MP3 players
KaosOverride · GitHub

G40rocket

Quote from: McKlain on 09:30, 04 May 15
What are you using to play the mp3 files?

I will use a Car Audio Cassete Adaptor like this:

PS: I have the adaptor but i still not tested anything because only today i bought the 6 Pin DIN and scart cable for buit my own cable.

At least the CPC power on but i don't know if he works..

PS2: KaosOverride, this is what you mentioned at spanish forum ?:

New Car Telecontrol Cassette SD MP3 Music Player Adapter Kit w Remote | eBay

I like it  :o

alex76gr

I have uploaded on Sendspace 2 rar files containing 20 mp3 games.
The mp3 files are mono (not stereo) at 44100 Hz sample rate and 128 Kb/s bitrate.
I haven't tested them on real CPC.

The titles are:
Airwolf
Arkanoid
Bombjack
Bombjack 2
Boulderdash
Donkey Kong
Emlyn Hughes Soccer
Exolon
Friday the 13th
Fruity Frank
Harrier Attack
Ikari Warriors
Nemesis
Ping Pong
Rick Dangerous
Saboteur
Samantha Fox Strip Poker
Target Renegade
Top Gun
Total Eclipse

Links
Download 01_amstrad464games.rar from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way
Download 01_Amstrad464games2.rar from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy

I still believe that i got my myopia from the green GT-65 monitor, but i can't prove it! :)

McKlain

Quote from: G40rocket on 11:03, 04 May 15
I will use a Car Audio Cassete Adaptor like this:

I mean, what kind of device are you using to play the files. An mp3 player? A mobile phone?

steve nicholl

For what it's worth.  I also use the same cassette adapter shown in the earlier post.  I attach this to my mobile phone, which has my games on it in mp3 format, via 3.5mm jack.  This has always loaded well for me and saves my originals from wear and constantly wrecking my games display. 
As far as how to get a mp3 version, I have used "Tapir" for a long time.  What I do is,
1:  Rename my .cdt file to .tzx, 
2:  load file in Tapir, 
3:  select "play to wav" from menu which produces .wav file in very good quality, 
4:  drop finished file into a program I've had for years called "free Wav to Mp3 converter" which spits out finished .mp3 file.
A .wav type editor can also be used to cut down the pauses\gaps in the waveform making loading a bit faster. 
If someone is needing a .mp3 version of a game and I have it, they are welcome to it (I primarily use 464 so most are tape images).  Hope it helps someone. :D

TFM

Quote from: McKlain on 14:06, 04 May 15
I mean, what kind of device are you using to play the files. An mp3 player? A mobile phone?
Actually if you want to stay independent and everything CPC, then use the MP3 player for the CPC. It works reliable up to 128 kbps (maybe even higher, never tried):
FuturePlayer - CPCWiki
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

steve nicholl

This sounds even better! lol. :laugh:

remax

Quote from: TFM on 17:35, 13 July 15
Actually if you want to stay independent and everything CPC, then use the MP3 player for the CPC. It works reliable up to 128 kbps (maybe even higher, never tried):
FuturePlayer - CPCWiki

But you would need two CPCs, no ?
Brain Radioactivity

TFM

Quote from: remax on 17:53, 13 July 15
But you would need two CPCs, no ?

Yes, of course!  :)  But you save the MP3 player!  :laugh:

My idea was not meant to be too serious, just to show that (in principle) all you need is: CPCs  ;)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

mr_lou

Instead of using lots and lots of space on your phone for mp3 / wav files, you could just put the CDT files there and play them back with tapDancer.
At least that's what I've heard. I admit I haven't tried myself yet.

Carnivius

Quote from: mr_lou on 17:58, 13 July 15
Instead of using lots and lots of space on your phone for mp3 / wav files, you could just put the CDT files there and play them back with tapDancer.

I have.  On many occasions.  I can't get it working with every game but then I couldn't with mp3s and waves anyways.   But yeah I've run RoboCop, Dan Dare 3, Death Wish 3, Rampage, Oh Mummy and all sorts of other games using Tapdancer and often use it to load up my own graphics onto my CPC that I drew on my PC.
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

CraigsBar

Quote from: mr_lou on 17:58, 13 July 15

Yes. I do and can confirm it works.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode