News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Didnt get Gryzor to run with M4Board

Started by Tormentor22, 21:17, 09 August 21

Previous topic - Next topic

Tormentor22

Hey Folks,
I tried different versions of gryzor. Sometimes the game crashes on Startscreen, other versions saying it needs 128k (I have a 6128) and others charades directly.
I have the lower rom on slot 31.
Infuse a M4Board and I'm not very familiar with the CPC because I use most of the time C64s and Amigas. Sponsored for this maybe stupid question.

SkulleateR

You got the modified lower rom installed on slot 31 ?? Without it I cannot even get to the title screen ...

After that ... yes, it's a bit fragile but as soon as you get into the game (press fire quickly after getting into main screen) the game works for me ...

XeNoMoRPH

Quote from: Tormentor22 on 21:17, 09 August 21
Hey Folks,
I tried different versions of gryzor. Sometimes the game crashes on Startscreen, other versions saying it needs 128k (I have a 6128) and others charades directly.
I have the lower rom on slot 31.
Infuse a M4Board and I'm not very familiar with the CPC because I use most of the time C64s and Amigas. Sponsored for this maybe stupid question.
your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

Tormentor22

Thank you guys. I will check it out this evening.

Bryce

Here you go. Gryzor running with an M4 Board*....  :)

Bryce.

*Yes, it's a slow day today.

Shaun M. Neary

Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Bryce

I'll grab my coat...

Bryce.

Tormentor22

So i tried the Version XeNoMoRPH shared and i get the same behaviour. On main screen pushing fire button nothing happens. Do i press the space bar, i get a blue screen and the machine freezes. I attached a picture of my rom configuration. Maybe there is somethign wrong?!

SkulleateR

Did you try to start it without the M4 frontend ? I don't see anything wrong in the config ... I use the M4 on a 464 with Dk'tronics ram expansion but I could set up my 6128 tomorrow for testing ....

XeNoMoRPH

Tormentor22

Quote from: SkulleateR on 22:50, 11 August 21
Did you try to start it without the M4 frontend ? I don't see anything wrong in the config ... I use the M4 on a 464 with Dk'tronics ram expansion but I could set up my 6128 tomorrow for testing ....
Yes i did try it. Same behaviour.

Tormentor22

The file doesnt work,too. Maybe stupid question. Do i have to upload the m4 rom or is this done by the Firmware? And if not, where do i get it. Im. Ot sure if there is a rom file in slot 7(nr6).

XeNoMoRPH

Quote from: Tormentor22 on 16:56, 12 August 21
The file doesnt work,too. Maybe stupid question. Do i have to upload the m4 rom or is this done by the Firmware? And if not, where do i get it. Im. Ot sure if there is a rom file in slot 7(nr6).

Can you record one vídeo , loading Game ?

Shaun M. Neary

Works fine for me, no modified lower rom with m4fe in slot 5?

Also on a CPC6128, CRTC 2
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

TotO

"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Tormentor22

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 18:29, 12 August 21
Works fine for me, no modified lower rom with m4fe in slot 5?

Also on a CPC6128, CRTC 2
I have the mod. Rom In Slot 31.

I will do a video later.

Shaun M. Neary

Try removing it and putting m4fe in slot 5.

Also what slot is the m4 rom?

Animalgril987

Works on my 464 with M4.
OS 1.1 in slot 31, BASIC 1.1 in slot 0. M4 ROM is in default slot ( 6 or 7( @Duke  will know)).

Gryzor

Quote from: TotO on 18:54, 12 August 21
@Gryzor Can you run with the M4 board?

Unfortunately, pending a move and renovation all my stuff is under the stairs😓

Tormentor22

Where do I get the m4 rom? From the official site? Maybe someone have a link?

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Tormentor22 on 19:52, 12 August 21
Where do I get the m4 rom? From the official site? Maybe someone have a link?

See where the rom number at the top is at 6?
Change it to 7

Good luck!

Devlin

Quote from: XeNoMoRPH on 06:21, 10 August 21

(apologies for the off-topic) this version also runs on the usifac2 (and works on 464 w/o ram expansions)
CPC464 & CPC6128 + USIfAC II + Revaldinho 512k(universal cpld ver) - Schneider CRT TV
Administrator of Amstrad Discord : https://discord.gg/ksWvApv