Parados 1.2+ treats internal 6128 floppy as 720K

Started by zrusavpt, 07:36, 18 June 16

Previous topic - Next topic

zrusavpt

Hi folks,

I am pretty new to this Parados stuff, and my very first attempt to use it fails :) For some reasons, Parados treats the internal 6128 drive as 720k.

Let me give you some details. I have attached external 3.5" floppy that seems to work fine both in AMSDOS and Parados. The internal drive works fine with AMSDOS, I can 'cat' it, read and write. However, when I switch to Parados, the internal drive doesn't behave. I have configured the internal drive in Parados' '|drive' tool as single sided 40 tracks, and selected formats "ROMDOS D1" and "ROMDOS D10". When I log the floppy (the one that works with AMSDOS), Parados shows it as 720KB one and of course the content of the disk doesn't make any sense. I am also unable to format the floppy, even when using the correct DATA SS40 format - the format process fails with "Drive A: write fail".

If the description isn't informative enough, I can post a video of the whole process.

I'm probably doing something wrong, but I can't figure what is that. Any ideas?

Thanks 1E6!

khaz

My working config

Configure/Drive setup
Drive A: 40 tracks per side, single sided (side0), single stepping
Drive B: 80 tracks per side, double sided, single stepping

Format setup:
Electro formats disabled
Everything disabled except
ROMSDOS D1 Enabled
ROMBDOS D10 Enabled

Imo unplug everything, remove your ROMs and external drive, and start afresh. Use DISCKIT to format your floppy. Then put ParaDOS back in and try again. Then when you know it works plug your external drive, and try again.

Audronic

I Notice in the heading That you are using " Parados1.2+ (Plus) " is your 6128 a 6128+ (Plus).
Or you could try the NON Plus version of Parados 1.2.

Ray
Procrastinators Unite,
If it Ain't Broke PLEASE Don't Fix it.
I keep telling you I am Not Pedantic.
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.