News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Prohibition prohibited!!

Started by Lazy Dude, 16:23, 11 July 15

Previous topic - Next topic

arnoldemu

Quote from: Singaja on 20:04, 17 August 15
One of favourite games of my childhood. Interestingly I recall I had a version which was launched with |cpm. The cat did display some flashing garbage instead of normal file list. Probably it was some crack to counter the copy protection.
I have seen the garbage when CATing a disc. It can be normal.

|CPM loads the first sector from track 0 on the "reserved" tracks.
For SYSTEM discs, track 0 and 1 are "reserved" for system. Track 2 is directory.

To get more on a disc, |CPM was used and the rest of the disc filled with data. If you typed CAT you saw garbage because the cpc tried to display the data.
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

arnoldemu

Quote from: TFM on 15:45, 18 August 15
Yes, right! :)  Remember couple of games which got started with !CPM, it was always especially 'honorable' to crack such a candidate. [nb]What I of course never did, and at court they couldn't prove that I did it.[/nb]
It was?

I always felt that cracking the late speedlocks was more honorable because of the crazy 8KB sectors (on disc) and the 100's of deprotection codes.

Also, cracking a multi-load correctly so it could be file copied was always something good if done right.

My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

CraigsBar

Quote from: arnoldemu on 09:05, 19 August 15
It was?

I always felt that cracking the late speedlocks was more honorable because of the crazy 8KB sectors (on disc) and the 100's of deprotection codes.

Also, cracking a multi-load correctly so it could be file copied was always something good if done right.
And I was just grateful to you all.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

TFM

No, no, we're just discussing in theory.  ;D
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Johnny Olsen

It was often, more fun to crack  the protection than to play the game.