News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Weird issue with Druid 2

Started by Grimmsqueaker, 15:36, 28 October 16

Previous topic - Next topic

Grimmsqueaker

As title states, what is happening is imagine an image on top of another image but around an inch lower, this happens regardless of whether connected to the official color Amstrad screen or via a scart connection to 2 different TV's. It is the only game that it is happening to, kind of makes me think NTSC signal on PAL TV

I am running a stock 464 and will be trying 6128 once I get my X Mem through the post in the next few days, Richard is setting it up for me to work as a memory expansion but you can switch to a stock 6128 also

Anyone got any ideas why this could be happening?

arnoldemu

Quote from: Grimmsqueaker on 15:36, 28 October 16
As title states, what is happening is imagine an image on top of another image but around an inch lower, this happens regardless of whether connected to the official color Amstrad screen or via a scart connection to 2 different TV's. It is the only game that it is happening to, kind of makes me think NTSC signal on PAL TV

I am running a stock 464 and will be trying 6128 once I get my X Mem through the post in the next few days, Richard is setting it up for me to work as a memory expansion but you can switch to a stock 6128 also

Anyone got any ideas why this could be happening?
Druid 2 uses a demo technique to have scrolling at the top and a panel at the bottom.
For games like these, the programmers didn't always know about different crtc types and how to make the screen the correct hz, so you get strange effects like these.

Your 6128 may be better only because it may have a different crtc.

These games need patches to fix the code to make them stable on all cpcs.
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource