The cheapest way to connect a CPC to TV or monitor in Canada?

Started by Overkill, 11:09, 25 September 20

Previous topic - Next topic

Overkill

Hi all, this information is for someone living in Canada, they want to connect a 464 Plus to a TV or monitor, but they don't have SCART.

They have a GBS-8220 that takes RGB, but I assume  that will not work, because it would need the luminance signal.
I know there are SCART to HDMI adaptors for about £25 available, but I'm not sure if they would work.

Overkill

To connect to RGB, would you just connect the red and blue, and then connect the luminance to the green?

Bryce

Quote from: Overkill on 11:09, 25 September 20
Hi all, this INCORRECT information is for someone living in Canada, they want to connect a 464 Plus to a TV or monitor, but they don't have SCART.

They have a GBS-8220 that takes RGB, but I assume  that will not work, because it would need the luminance signal.
I know there are SCART to HDMI adaptors for about £25 available, but I'm not sure if they would work.
Fixed that for you :)

I'm not sure where you are getting your information from, but many users here (including myself) use a GBS-8220 with their CPC and other retro computers. You DON'T need the Luminance signal and you DON'T need to connect anything to the Green signal (except the green signal). All you need is R,G, B and Sync.

Bryce.

Overkill

How/where do you connect the sync?  I've not got a GBS-8220, but it looks like they just have a R, G and B RCA phono sockets.

Can you get CPC Plus to RGB cables?

norecess464

I'm living in Canada.
I remember I tried few things, including the use of some Commodore monitors found it the local market, but it was pretty hard to find a PAL-compatible monitor.
In the end, I just bought the original Amstrad monitors from Europe (one at the price of a PlayStation  :picard: ) and all my problems disappeared.
My personal website: https://norecess.cpcscene.net
My current project is Sonic GX, a remake of Sonic the Hedgehog for the awesome Amstrad GX-4000 game console!

pelrun

On the 8220 you can wire up to the VGA connector or the JST one behind it, with composite sync going to the HSync pin.
The RCA jacks would be for outputs that do Sync-On-Green.

dragon

You can buy in Amazon.es(or other Amazon) a cheap led TV that support scart rgb. Anything manufactured that mount vesstel Turkish pcb should do the trick.

Always the lowest model entry. Hitachi, thosiba.... Jvc, a lot of brands remarked vesttel in the market in Europe and outside Europe,  The lowest model have scart rgb+rca.

Are easy identificable looking at  the back of tv.

Are cheap tv moving between 100/150e. The 23" model.

Overkill

Quote from: pelrun on 13:39, 25 September 20
On the 8220 you can wire up to the VGA connector or the JST one behind it, with composite sync going to the HSync pin.
The RCA jacks would be for outputs that do Sync-On-Green.
Sounds like the information I needed, thanks :)