News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

6128 Plus dimensions to make a dust cover

Started by chrisgreen, 12:38, 29 August 19

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisgreen

Hello

Bit of a random question - but does anyone have all-round measurements for the 6128 Plus (or even the 464 Plus)?

I'm looking to have a dust cover made for mine and before I set about trying to measure the thing myself, I was wondering if anyone had any kind of existing document, image or technical reference that already has all the exterior dimensions mapped out that I could send to the company making the cover for me?

Thanks
Chris

ComSoft6128

Hi Chris,

I have an original 6128 Plus dust cover from about 1991. Next time I'm in Glasgow I will take a photo and measure it for you.

Cheers,

Peter

chrisgreen

ComSoft6128

Some photos.
The cover measures 37.5 cm from front to back and 49.5 cm side to side (outside edge to outside edge)

ComSoft6128

Inner "box" and side flap (the cover is upside down for this one)

The inner box (seam to seam) measures 40.5 cm, the side flap narrows from 5.5 cm (back of the Plus) down to 3.5 cm at the front.

Gryzor

Please resize the images before uploading :) In general full resolution photos, unless meant to show something in much detail (say, a motherboard) are not very practical, but they also eat up the server space...

This comment does not go to you, @ComSoft6128 , so I hope I'm not misunderstood; it's rather a general comment because it's the third post I see today with big image giles in it.

Velociraptor

I have original dust covers for a 464, DDI-1 and CTM640/644. They're in a bit of a state and I'm wondering how to replace them.

What material are you using and is it just as simple as going to an alterations service with them and asking them to sew up the material as the originals are?

I've not the faintest idea about sewing!