News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

6128 Plus disk drive mounting screws

Started by chrisgreen, 15:05, 19 April 19

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisgreen

Hi

Does anyone know what type of screws are used to secure the 3-inch drive inside the 6128 Plus case?

The machine I'm working on is missing one screw and I'm struggling to find visual matches for the remaining ones in my local hardware stores.

Thanks
Chris

00WReX

Hi Chris,

Sorry, somehow I missed this post when I replied to the other post about the 3 inch drive pinout on the Plus.

Anyway, with regard to the 3 inch drive in the Plus...believe it or not, they only left the factory with 3 screws in-place.

Here is a post from a while back where we discussed it.

Personally I have 2x 6128 plus's and the both only have 3 screws in-place...others have all observed the same thing.

http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/amstrad-cpc-hardware/amstrad-cpc-6128-plus-will-it-work/msg153934/#msg153934

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

chrisgreen

Hi Shane

Thanks for the reply.

I figured it only had 3 to begin with as one mounting post has clearly never had a screw inserted into it. However, this machine only has 2 screws (the front two). It's missing the one screw that should be holding down the rear of the drive.

It also might be missing a small silver screw from the side of the drive itself. I need to get some pics of that up for comparison.

Wrestling with one thing at a time. This machine was "refurbished" by someone and it seems to have a variety of botches that have been covered up, such as a broken case clip that was badly glued back in place, missing screws and some very poor new foam feet that were put on it (with the case being damaged when they were levered off with a screwdriver)

chrisgreen

Ok, just read that other thread. So the good news is the drive itself is correct with only three screws in the metal housing. However, I'm still missing 1 or 2 acres that attach the drive to the plastic casing of the 6128 Plus itself.

If anyone can confirm what type of screws these are please, i'll buy some more.

Thanks
Chris

chrisgreen

Btw - the missing screw is a M3 x 8mm screw.