News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Gotek and dsk compatibility R-type Reloaded

Started by deano467, 22:24, 16 November 21

Previous topic - Next topic

deano467

Hi, recently got an external gotek for my 6128 and in the main it's brilliant, loads most games I tested.

But I cannot get the 2012 remake of R-type to load up. When I type cat, I get the high score screen ok, but when I type run"disc the screen flashes blue to black and then back to blue where it just hangs never loads.

I have tried various files from different sources and also the 3.5" version but none work for me.

I'm using flashfloppy latest 3.29. Has anybody managed to get this game working from a gotek with flashfloppy or HxC?

Thanks

Shaun M. Neary

I've had it running on my Gotek with Flashfloppy with no problems.

There are a couple of dsk images of this from what I remember. Make sure you're using ParaDOS if you're using the 3.5" version, otherwise use the Side A / Side B version which has no problem with the default AMSDOS.

S.
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

deano467

Shaun,
Could you confirm what version of flashfloppy firmware you have which works mate, thanks

dlfrsilver

Quote from: deano467 on 22:24, 16 November 21
Hi, recently got an external gotek for my 6128 and in the main it's brilliant, loads most games I tested.

But I cannot get the 2012 remake of R-type to load up. When I type cat, I get the high score screen ok, but when I type run"disc the screen flashes blue to black and then back to blue where it just hangs never loads.

I have tried various files from different sources and also the 3.5" version but none work for me.

I'm using flashfloppy latest 3.29. Has anybody managed to get this game working from a gotek with flashfloppy or HxC?

Thanks

game is made to be run from drive A side A. it's like many games not compatible with launch and run from drive B:

TotO

Quote from: dlfrsilver on 19:28, 28 November 21
game is made to be run from drive A side A. it's like many games not compatible with launch and run from drive B:
No, you afirm something wrong. R-Type was made to run from A or B drive and it works. (floppy or HxC)
Originaly planed to start using |CPM, we have discard the choice because that feature force A drive only.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)