News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

6128 plus transfer from amiga using parnet cable

Started by lordoftime, 03:20, 03 July 17

Previous topic - Next topic

lordoftime

Bryce

Technically yes, but you'd have to write new software for both the Amiga and Amstrad. The Amstrad has a 7 bit printer port, whereas the Amiga has 8 bits. They also have no common file formats, so what exactly would you be transferring?

Bryce.

lordoftime

not sure yet - I was just pondering the idea lol... the amiga side i can write, the amstrad side i am just getting back into so could be a fun experiment!

Bryce

The other problem is that the Amstrad printer port is not two-way, so you could only read a single bit at a time when sending from Amiga to Amstrad.

Bryce.

arnoldemu

I wrote this but I don't remember much about it anymore so it's unsupported.

I wrote an Amstrad emulator called "a-cpc" for amiga. This is back in then 90's.

http://www.cpctech.org.uk/download/a-cpc.lha

Look in the tools folder. There are tools for reading and writing cpc disks on amiga, both to dsk and files in the filesystem. I used this on a TEAC 3" drive connected to an Amiga AND writing to 3.5" on Amiga and using a 3.5" drive on the CPC.

Please do not use the dsk tools for preserving of any discs because the dsk format is not suitable for exact bit-by-bit preservation, but it's ok for general transfer of data use.

Also included is a parallel transfer program. I can't remember how the cable is connected. :(

Source is included, buildable with devpac. The tools cooperate with the OS so run under workbench. You'll need the Amiga SDK and headers. Last computer I tried it on was a stock A1200.

My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource