News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Audio query - 6128 and Hauppauge Rocket

Started by ComSoft6128, 17:15, 17 December 20

Previous topic - Next topic

ComSoft6128

Hi,

The Hauppage Rocket includes a microphone socket - can this be connected to the 6128 3.5mm audio output without causing damage to the Rocket?

https://www.hauppauge.co.uk/site/products/data_hdpvr-rocket.html

tjohnson

I don't see a mic in socket on the hauppage, how are you connecting it as it only shows hdmi, component and av inputs.  You could connect the headphone socket to the left/right in without issues.  3.5mm to phono.

Bryce

?? The mic socket is shown in literally the largest picture on that page! Did you even click on the link?

Bryce.

tjohnson

Yeah I did but on my phone which doesn't have the biggest screen, now I've looked again I can see it!!  Not sure how ComSoft6128 is connecting it to capture video, through some sort of adapter?

ComSoft6128

Scart from 6128 Plus to OSSC, HDMI from OSSC to Rocket.

I'm looking to use a 6128 which is adjacent to the Plus to provide a soundtrack for my videos using the Mic. In on the Rocket but I'm not sure if the output/input levels are compatible.

tjohnson

Do you have the AV cable?  Maybe you can capture just the audio and leave the av disconnected?

ComSoft6128

The new OSSC has an extra 3.5mm audio in and I may purchase that sometime next year but its my existing setup (with the Rocket) that I'd like to use.

tjohnson

I don't think it will break the hauppage, you might find the sound is distorted though, possibly solved by adjusting the recording level in software.  If it was me I'd give it a try.