News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Broken datacorder

Started by oleiso, 19:24, 29 October 19

Previous topic - Next topic

oleiso

Hello
Just bought a used 464. Looks great but the play function on the datacorder doesn't work.
When I opened it, this little piece of plastic fell out. Don't know if it is broken or where it should be.
Can someone help me - where does it fit in?
Thanks!

Bryce

That's the latch for the pause button. It doesn't look broken. Unfortunately I don't have a photo of where it goes though.

Bryce.

oleiso

Quote from: Bryce on 08:26, 30 October 19
That's the latch for the pause button. It doesn't look broken. Unfortunately I don't have a photo of where it goes though.

Bryce.
OK, thanks.
Do you think it could cause it not to play - even though it's for the pause button?
Not sure if it is broken in the middle - looks a bit like that, but I am not sure.
But if anyone could pull their 464 apart and take a photo of the cassette section showing where it is located, it would be VERY helpfull!

Bryce

You seem to be new to the CPC. Are you aware that the tape doesn't just play when you press the play button?Type RUN"" and hit enter. Then follow what it say on the screen...

Bryce.

oleiso

Quote from: Bryce on 08:34, 31 October 19
You seem to be new to the CPC. Are you aware that the tape doesn't just play when you press the play button?Type RUN"" and hit enter. Then follow what it say on the screen...

Bryce.
Yes, I know. Unfortunately it doesn't work :-(