Can you use a separate cassette tape player to load games to amstrad CPC 464

Started by mark25810, 12:58, 13 June 20

Previous topic - Next topic

mark25810

Hey there I was wondering if you can plug in a separate cassette tape player to load games to the amstrad Cpc 464

I know there are players that were made to do this but can not find anywhere saying you can do this on the 464

Mine plays games ok issue is the counter was never right when I bought it and was always off, since then however I managed to bend the counter reset button so not that is loose

I did take the case apart as I fitted a new tape belt but the timer section is more complicated to get too so I don't want to risk breaking anything.

Really I'd use the seperate tape play for compilation tales as it's a pain loading each game to get to the end one that you want to play

Bryce

The 464 doesn't offer any input for an external player, but you can use one of these tape adapters to input from another source of your choice: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAR-AUDIO-TAPE-CASSETTE-ADAPTER-IPHONE-IPOD-MP3-CD-RADIO-NANO-3-5mm-JACK-AUX/151063234326

Bryce.

tjohnson

I've seen a post or article where an external din socket was added to a 464 and soldered to the relevant pads on the internal deck or something like that.  Obviously it involves a bit of work and soldering.