News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CPC464 Internal Speaker

Started by pledg, 13:39, 24 January 20

Previous topic - Next topic

pledg

Hi,

Does anyone have an original CPC464 internal speaker in their spares box? I have a unit with the speaker missing so need to replace it! Had a quick look online but I can't find anything matching the numbers printed on the speaker.

Or if anyone knows a modern equivalent part no and source that would be great.

Thanks

Pledg.

Bryce

Any 8ohm speaker with the correct dimensions will do. I don't have a spare original, but I'll check at the weekend whether I have one close enough to the original.

Bryce.

Sid_

I have a complete speaker wired. But it's from a CPC6128.
If you want it tell me.

TotO

I have speakers from 6128, I don't know if it is exactly the same.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

pledg

Thanks all!

I didn't think to check the obvious! Mr Bezos's emporium of electrical components has a few 40mm diameter options available...

Is 0.5w okay?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/sourcing-map-Round-shape-Replacement-Loudspeaker/dp/B082655HNF/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=40mm+8ohm+speaker&qid=1579877823&s=electronics&sr=1-5

Cheers

Pledg.

Bryce

I think you should take up the offer of the 6128 speakers from one of the offers above. The one you linked to on Amazon is a cellulose membrane speaker which will sound terrible in such a big case, compared to the sound a paper membrane original speaker would give.

Bryce.

pledg

TotO

Sorry, I have posted and not seen the Sid_ offer. Please, ask him.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Gryzor

By the way, then, has anyone found a speaker that would be a decent upgrade over the original?

Sid_

mine after all is broken :(
anyone has a spare  ?

dragon

Quote from: Gryzor on 15:21, 17 February 20
By the way, then, has anyone found a speaker that would be a decent upgrade over the original?

The primetone lp400 have the same specs of the old  speaker. I buy it in her day. But at finish I not mount it because I found a spare 464 speaker.

pledg

pledg

I've only just completed the repair of the CPC464 with the missing internal speaker. The speaker was supplied by Farnell and works a treat. It's a paper cone so a good replacement unlike many of the plastic variety available. Attached is a product pic for reference.
Pledg