News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

GT65 Adjustments

Started by chinnyhill10, 20:07, 06 August 21

Previous topic - Next topic

chinnyhill10

Have taken delivery of a GT65. I promised myself I'd never have another CRT but I ended up getting this one so I can use it on the channel. I hear some many people making green screen jokes that I want to show what it's actually good for.

Picture is good but is slightly too far to the left and down. It's not the end of the world but if it's an easy adjustment something I could consider.

I may well leave it as it is but I thought I'd ask on here. If it is just a twiddle of a pot then it might be worth it (with all the usual CRT precautions) but it could also be something like capacitor going slightly out of spec.

My memory says these monitors are quite basic even compared to the CTM's so I'd be interested to hear any thoughts on what the issue may be and if it's easily fixable or not.

I would post a picture but I keep being told it has failed security checks. But here's an example on my Twitter feed. https://twitter.com/ChinnyVision/status/1423722406334582804

Thanks.
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

RetroCPC

From the CPC6218 service manual page 24:-

5. Centering Adjustment (Program Border) Adjust the magnet on the back of the neck to centre the border.

The image also appears slightly twisted (indicating the CRT Scan coils are slightly rotated).

chinnyhill10

Quote from: RetroCPC on 14:36, 08 August 21
From the CPC6218 service manual page 24:-

5. Centering Adjustment (Program Border) Adjust the magnet on the back of the neck to centre the border.

The image also appears slightly twisted (indicating the CRT Scan coils are slightly rotated).

Oh crikey, no pot then!
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

Bryce

Quote from: chinnyhill10 on 22:04, 08 August 21

Oh crikey, no pot then!

No, definitely stay of the pot when you are adjusting the neck coils. You can always fire up a joint when you're finished. :D

Bryce.