News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

HXC and 80 Track .HFE Images for the Amstrad 6128 USB

Started by Audronic, 05:07, 31 August 16

Previous topic - Next topic

Audronic

I am using a Zaxon 6128 USB Gotek with HXC firmware.

Has anybody been able to get 80 Track DOUBLE Sided "xxxxxxx-DSK.HFE's" to work.
I have been able to get 80 Track Single sided "xxxxxxx-DSK.HFE's" to work.

I have Parados 1.2 for the 6128 Rom fitted (Standard Setup).

Thanks     Ray
Procrastinators Unite,
If it Ain't Broke PLEASE Don't Fix it.
I keep telling you I am Not Pedantic.
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

CraigsBar

Isn't the rtype remake on a 80tsk double sided dsk? If so the. Yes they work.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

robcfg

The 3.5" dsk file of Orion Prime is for sure 80 track and double sided, so may be worth trying.

CraigsBar

Games such as these generally do not need parados anyway, the handle format detection themselves. Tonight I'll try to create a new HFE and format it with parados to romdos D1 and see if I get it working.

Audronic

@CraigsBar

@robcfg
Thanks i will find them and turn them into xxxxxxx.hfe and see what happens
Ray
Procrastinators Unite,
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

Maniac

As @CraigsBar said the 80 track double sided images generally work even without Parados. Having said that I try to use the double-sided image of RType it loads up to the menu but I can't get to the game as fire or the keyboard alternative don't work. If I boot from the single sided image it works just fine!

CraigsBar

Quote from: Maniac on 14:41, 31 August 16
As @CraigsBar said the 80 track double sided images generally work even without Parados. Having said that I try to use the double-sided image of RType it loads up to the menu but I can't get to the game as fire or the keyboard alternative don't work. If I boot from the single sided image it works just fine!
Hmmm.. Odd that! I'll attach my working 3.5inch HFE here tonight, perhaps you could test that one too?

Maniac

Quote from: CraigsBar on 14:44, 31 August 16
Hmmm.. Odd that! I'll attach my working 3.5inch HFE here tonight, perhaps you could test that one too?
Times limited at the mo but thanks for that I'll give it a whirl when I get a chance.

CraigsBar

No worries, for anyone else that zip contains 4 HFE files as follows.....

Orion prime 80trk ds
Rtype remake 40trk ds
Romdos D1 (blank 716k free)
Romdos D1 (full of EPROM images 2k free)

Enjoy!

Audronic

@CraigsBar

Thanks for the80 Track Double sided .HFE File, The Blank one (Romdos D1).
Yeeeeeah It works perfectly. ;D

And the one with ROMs is OK.

I am not a Games player, I got both games to start and run.

What did you use to Create the file Please, and perhaps the method ?

Thanks very much.

Ray
Procrastinators Unite,

CraigsBar

Well... The ROMs one is a real floppy disc I turned into a dsk on my Mac with my mini booster. The blank one was then the same dsk with all the files deleted ;)

Audronic

@CraigsBar

Thanks for all your work on the 80 Track Double Sided images.
It all works well.
I was trying to put all of the files for SymBOS on an 80 Track drive which i was able to do.
BUT as soon as the Program "run"sym is executed the program no longer honours the disk drivers provided by Parados and the Program cannot find the files.
But no error message comes up ?? .
So its back to 2 disks with the SymBOS files on it. Drats  .

Ray
Procrastinators Unite,

CraigsBar

Had you considered an xmem and xmas? The symbos3 beta boots directly from the xmass in about 3 seconds. No more ROMs for me!

Or an m4 board? SD mass storage and WiFi support in symbos are apparently imminent ;)

Audronic

@All

Thanks for all the help.

BUT the 6128 USB (External Version) decided to SMOKE last night (over here we have adds that say " SMOKING KILLS ")
And the requiem will be held later.

I have used the same power supply to feed 6128, Motherx4, x-mass, x-mem all of these items work  Damn.
I have sent a polite note to Piotr, awaiting a reply.

It was working well including 80 Track Double sided images.

Ray   :'(
Procrastinators Unite,

||C|-|E||

Maybe if you upload a picture of the board we can help  :) In the best case, the smoke came from some easily replaceable part.

Audronic

Quote from: ||C|-|E|| on 07:51, 03 September 16
Maybe if you upload a picture of the board we can help  :) In the best case, the smoke came from some easily replaceable part.
I Might Need an "ARM" and a leg.  :P

Thanks ||C|-|E||

Ray

Procrastinators Unite,