News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Keyboard problem at 6128

Started by anyf33, 16:33, 04 September 16

Previous topic - Next topic

anyf33

This one of my 6128's . If i  connect joyctick(not working) or not the keyboard have the same results.
also membrane tested: i use another full working keyboard from another cpc and i have the same results.

Token

It could be the AY. (often reported)

VincentGR

If the contacts on keyboard's socket are clean and the same pattern appears by pressing a key or without the keyboard attached, then is definitely the AY.

anyf33

without the keyboard nothing typed!
when i press a key like enter or any of the other keys space or any letter or number nothing happens
the only keys that work showed in the video
works ! ha ha the type all of these letters
but this is for anytime i press it
and with any keyboard!
the very best is the key Μ that types capitals and enter, pressing again lower cases and enter

Bryce

AY needs to be replaced.

Bryce.

anyf33

urgent!!
:o :o :o :o
I change the AY and the problem still exist!!!
i think that sound's like a joke but it is not!
In the first photo it is the old chip taken from the cpc
the three other's is from the cpc with this crazy keybord!!

Audronic

@anyf33

If you connect the Joystick can you get any characters to appear on the screen ? by pressing fire or /up/down/left/right

If Not then you could change the 74ls145.
Or if that did not work then the 8255.
Please use good quality sockets.

Good luck    Ray
Procrastinators Unite,
If it Ain't Broke PLEASE Don't Fix it.
I keep telling you I am Not Pedantic.
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

anyf33

of course the joystick dont work!

with the new ay the problem it is just the same .the same buttons the same kjgodfsgndonfsdm
but when i press several buttons i see some keyboard commands (like <- or X) pressing specific button from keyboard (something like fdshnu9-<X) NOTE the "fdshnu9-<X" it is NOT what i get i type it now from my mind just to show you )

Bryce

Yup, the 74LS145 is the next most likely culprit.

Bryce.

anyf33

N :(  because of devilmarkus
So i change 74LS1455
74LS145
and the problem still exists BUT Changed!
now L,M and others dont work and some numbers work like 4 and give me something like [-97532and down arrow
of course joystick dont work
the chip is labeled N74145 B see pictures
please help!

Bryce

Quote from: anyf33 on 21:26, 05 October 16
N :(  because of devilmarkus
So i change 74LS1455
74LS145
and the problem still exists BUT Changed!
now L,M and others dont work and some numbers work like 4 and give me something like [-97532and down arrow
of course joystick dont work
the chip is labeled N74145 B see pictures
please help!

What museum did you find that chip in?? It's from 1976, the wrong type and unlikely to work properly. It should be a 74LS145.

Bryce.

Audronic

@anyf33

Hows the project going.
Fixed or still faulty. ?

Ray
Procrastinators Unite,
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

anyf33

Quote from: Audronic on 04:28, 28 October 16
@anyf33
Thsnk you for your interest! My friend change the chip but i can test it until monday.

Hows the project going.
Fixed or still faulty. ?

Ray

anyf33

Quote from: Bryce on 08:02, 06 October 16
What museum did you find that chip in?? It's from 1976, the wrong type and unlikely to work properly. It should be a 74LS145.

Bryce.
@bryce i have the same problem. So i changed the 74LS145 From a WORKING 464 to be sure it is the right one. but.... i have the same problem keys dont work. only some keys that they type many characters (you can see the video  i posted at page 1 BEFORE I Change both ay  and 74LS145. total 2 chips but the problem still the same. if you remember joystick dont work. also another keyboard also dont work!!!!!!!! please help

Audronic

Procrastinators Unite,

Bryce

Quote from: anyf33 on 00:36, 01 November 16
@bryce i have the same problem. So i changed the 74LS145 From a WORKING 464 to be sure it is the right one. but.... i have the same problem keys dont work. only some keys that they type many characters (you can see the video  i posted at page 1 BEFORE I Change both ay  and 74LS145. total 2 chips but the problem still the same. if you remember joystick dont work. also another keyboard also dont work!!!!!!!! please help

As Audronic says, then it really only can be the 8255, however I still have problems believing this because the 8255 is pretty much bullet-proof.

Bryce.

anyf33

:D :D :D :D
After many months i buy a toshiba one and change it. And finally it works!!
i is like new i dont believe it will be fixed!!
many thanks to all