News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Vertical lines on Plus

Started by davdav79, 04:15, 19 February 16

Previous topic - Next topic

davdav79

Hi! I have these machines:

CPC6128, no problems... great picture
6128PLUS on RGB on a TV it gives me heavy vertical lines issues, very annoying
464PLUS on RGB on a tv gives me also vertical lines, but not too much as the 6128plus

I'm using a RGB scart cable from retrocomputer shack and a jamma power supply for the 5V line

Any idea? thanks

Bryce

Hi,
     yes, it's due to Alan sugar scraping the last penny of profit out of the machine and removing the capacitors from the RGB outputs. Not noticable on a CRT, but it shows up on modern TVs. More info here: Dirty video on 6128 Plus RGB Scart

Bryce.

Kris

Each Plus owner should apply this fix; it's a shame to have a video signal output without "filtering" ;)

||C|-|E||

Mine actually suffers from this... I should fix it, but I am considering to use a proper CRT instead  :-X

davdav79

Quote from: Bryce on 09:15, 19 February 16
Hi,
     yes, it's due to Alan sugar scraping the last penny of profit out of the machine and removing the capacitors from the RGB outputs. Not noticable on a CRT, but it shows up on modern TVs. More info here: Dirty video on 6128 Plus RGB Scart

Bryce.

So, should I add a 'star' of three 220 pF capacitors from ground to each RGB line?

Bryce

davdav79

I'll Try. thanks :)

(But why on the 6128+ the issue is bigger than the issue on the 464+ ? maybe different board revisions?)

Bryce

No idea. The PCBs are identical so it can only be down to the tolerances of the parts used.

Bryce.

seanb

I've been meaning to ask this question myself.
Glad there's an answer even though I did see Bryces earlier answer on the dirty picture thread a long time ago.

That's one hardware problem hopefully sorted.
Thanks everyone.
Thou shall not question Captain Wrong!