General Category > Technical Support

Not being able to load a recorded tape / wav.

<< < (2/2)

pelrun:
Try a different CDT player, like my webapp https://pelrun.github.io/PlayUEF/PlayUEF.html as it's output has been proven to load on real hardware. (not that WinAPE is necessarily broken, but I have no personal experience with it.)

Oh, and I loaded the whole CDT archive @VincentGR posted here into it a few days back, just click "More CPC tapes" at the bottom to select one!

xubuntu:
IT WWWWWOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRKKKKEEEEEDDDDDDDDDD !!!!!!!!!!!!  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :o :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

But not with the bloody winape. It worked with JavaCPC.

Initially, I exported the program in wav through javacpc and the exported wav was identical with winape's exported wav.

and then I noticed in the options 44.1 Khz which I know as a musician that the correct combination is 44.1Khz - 16 bit.

And I said... this machine is not 16 bit, so let's try the 22Khz. And the exported file was 30 seconds (more reasonable than the 15). I mean, ok 15 sec is half, still reasonable, but a bit fast for an old computer maybe? 400 lines of code in 15 seconds seemed wrong since the beginning.

And now......... ITTTTTTTTTTTTT WOOOOORRRRRKS.

That is the happiest day of the year.
 :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

As about the author or javacpc ?? What the fuck dude ? A bloody genius.

Shaun M. Neary:

--- Quote from: xubuntu on 13:55, 08 April 21 ---
But not with the bloody winape. It worked with JavaCPC.

--- End quote ---

Tried to tell you. Winape is still a good emulator for it's time, but it's wav support is absolutely horrible.
JavaCPC's author is none other than @Devilmarkus

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version