Any way to connect 464 to a amstrad televideo tvr-1 (no scart, only bnc vid in)

Started by mark25810, 22:37, 09 June 20

Previous topic - Next topic

mark25810

Hi there I was wondering if at all there is a way to connect my Amstrad cpc 464 and 464 plus to a Amstrad televideo the TVR-1 version

think it came out in 1980 or something so no scart, at the back it has video  and audio out and video in and audio in BUT I had not seen these types of connections before found out they are the older bnc video in connectors

what exact items would I need so I can connect my amstrads to this tv, I know it would be easier to just get a crt with scart but I like the look of this tv lol

someone on a old forum told another asking the same they need a bnc adapter and rca cables but that was the last reply and ive no idea what exact adapter id need, also wwhat things id need to go from my Amstrad to the tvs new connectors

id really appreciate any help :D

OR do you think pic quality may not be as good as a later crt with scart?

Bryce

Hi,
The TVR-1 has a composite input as far as I can remember, so there are several solutions. You could get an Amstrad MP-1 and convert it to composite video (some simple soldering required) or you could get an RGB to S-video adapter and use an S-video to composite plug to connect to the TV or there are many other RGB to composite adapters available you could use.

The picture quality won't be as sharp as connecting directly with RGB (SCART), but it's better than a UHF connection.

Bryce.

mark25810

thank you for the reply

here is the back of the tv I forgot to add this image before lol

I was wanting as near to it looking as good as it does on a colour Amstrad monitor as possible as they are few and far between..do you think that will only be achieved with one with a scart socket?

Bryce

That's a bit weird, it's a BNC not a cinche. I suspect it's still just a composite video input. Does anyone have the schematics for the TVR-1 ?

Bryce.

mark25810

Sorry I've not be able to come back sooner, I don't no, someone is selling the TV and was thinking of getting it because I like it's retro look but think I'll leave it if the pic quality isn't on par with a amstrad monitor

Many thanks

Bryce

Try to find a CRT with SCART input. That will give you the best picture.

Bryce.

mark25810

Thank you I will :D

do you happen to know about the other question I posted about a hr ago?