News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Problem with the symbol "|" to use RSX commands

Started by Carpallo, 17:56, 15 June 22

Previous topic - Next topic

Carpallo

Hi all:
I beg your pardon because I want to ask you some kind of newbie question. I have a 6128+ with spanish keyboard and the Burning rubber/Basic cartridge french version. So, when I initialize the Amstrad, my keyboard becomes AZERTY. But my keyboard is QWERTY, and I have no way to print the damm "|" character, no matter which combination of keys I press. I would like to use the USIfAC II that I have received today from Ikonsgr, but without using this character is impossible. Does anybody know how to solve it? I have made a for-next loop in order to print the caracters from 33 to 255 but I don't see it. Some clue??? Thanks in advance...

Devlin

Shift @ should generate the bar "|" character you need. the bar character appears like a colon on the keycap itself
CPC464 & CPC6128 + USIfAC II + Revaldinho 512k(universal cpld ver) - Schneider CRT TV
Administrator of Amstrad Discord : https://discord.gg/ksWvApv

TotO

And if the '|' key display a 'ù' caracter, it is good. ;)
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Carpallo

Thank you all, Devlin and Tot0. I pressed shift + @, but as I saw an strange ù, I believed it wouldn't work. So I didn't try it, but after reading your answers I tried and it worked. So thanks again...

pelrun

The French ROM redefines the | glyph as ù, but it's still the same character and behaves identically. Just look at some french CPC magazines or game manuals and you'll see things like " ùTAPE" all over the place. :laugh:

TotO

The Firmware 3.1x fix that stupidity. (and more)
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Nemo59

The funny thing is that the character ù is used in only one word of the French language: the word "où" which means "where".  So on all French-speaking keyboards, there is a dedicated key that only serves one word! 
CPC 6128+ / CPM+/ Turbo PASCAL v3
https://cpcrulez.fr/auteur-nemo59.htm

TotO

Quote from: Nemo59 on 11:07, 07 November 22The funny thing is that the character ù is used in only one word of the French language: the word "où" which means "where".  So on all French-speaking keyboards, there is a dedicated key that only serves one word!
It is used on the Breton word "bisoù" too. But sure, it is stupid. Who are using the § key? (first time I press it)
Today, the best is for me to use the international qwerty keyboard that allows to add accents on any characters case.

eto

Was there a law that forced them to add this?