RGB scart - 464 gives black and white , 6128 normal colour

Started by khisanth, 16:43, 01 November 21

Previous topic - Next topic

khisanth

Hi all

I have a 464 hooked up to a HD tv (19") with a RGB scart cable and the display is black and white.  If I swap out the 464 with a 6128 and nothing else different the display is normal colour.

Am I right to think there is something up with the 464 or is it going to be one of those totally random things?!

Joseman

Hi
I think it's impossible that the problem is the 464.

The scart cable has the RGB signal swith active on it? or you have to select the rgb button on the TV?

if the RGB cable signal is active, how do you power that signal?
if the RGB signal switch is on low power sometimes the TV doesn't switch to RGB correctly

regards

Bryce

The sync signal or ground pin is possibly dirty and the voltage is dropping, causing the TV not to automatically recognise the RGB input. Try cleaning the pins in the 464 monitor socket. There may also be dry joints on the 464 monitor socket which could also be the cause.

Bryce.

khisanth

The RGB scart cable doesnt appear to have any power so nothing to do there. The TV does everything automatically for the scart input.

If its working fine with the 6128 it does sound like the 464 connection could be dirty , dry joint etc. So will check there first.
thanks!

Bryce

The TV only does everything automatically if it detects the right signal levels on certain pins, which is why a shifted ground or low sync signal could "confuse" the TV.

Bryce.

khisanth

Will give the cable a once over too. Am going through various cables I picked up years ago and some are failing. So wont be a surprise if this is potentially happening here

khisanth

And just to cover every base, have ordered an active RGB cable :)

Joseman

Quote from: khisanth on 17:14, 02 November 21
And just to cover every base, have ordered an active RGB cable :)
dont worry, you have one of the best technician here: @Bryce

Bryce

Quote from: Joseman on 20:02, 02 November 21
dont worry, you have one of the best technician here: @Bryce

Kind of thanks... I don't think I've ever been downgraded to a technician, but thanks anyway.  :)

Bryce.

ComSoft6128

Quote from: Bryce on 10:36, 04 November 21
Kind of thanks... I don't think I've ever been downgraded to a technician, but thanks anyway.  :)

Bryce.

A poor translation, probably meant "Hardware Uber God" :)

Joseman

Quote from: Bryce on 10:36, 04 November 21

Bryce.
:laugh: Sorry, i didn't use the right words! But you're one of the best electronic god!

khisanth

Got my powered rgb scary cable and bingo! Full colour has resumed!