News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

The compatibility of the M4 card...

Started by Mr. DVG, 17:26, 27 October 19

Previous topic - Next topic

sunn

I'm using 6128+ and m4. Is there a version of Rick Dangerous 128+ that will work with this setup? It crashes to the loading screen. Physical disk works nicely, though.

VincentGR

sunn

Quote from: VincentGR on 11:42, 14 February 23Can you try this please?
Thanks but still crashes to the loading screen.

XeNoMoRPH

Quote from: sunn on 11:24, 16 February 23
Quote from: VincentGR on 11:42, 14 February 23Can you try this please?
Thanks but still crashes to the loading screen.
Rick Dangerous 128+ not works from M4.
to play on a real machine, you have 2 options or you use a Gotek or as I have done, I record the DSK on a 3" floppy disk using the M4FE frontend and play from disk !!!

your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

sunn

QuoteRick Dangerous 128+ not works from M4.
to play on a real machine, you have 2 options or you use a Gotek or as I have done, I record the DSK on a 3" floppy disk using the M4FE frontend and play from disk !!!

Yes, luckily physical disk works like I said. This would be fun to get working in the future.

Lomax

Can anyone successfully launch "They Sold A Million" disk 2? I'm having trouble. Depending on my ROM config, it either reboots, can't find AAAA.bin, or comes up but freezes.

poulette73

Hello,

I have the same issue, with "AAAA.bin" file not found (certainly the lack of FDC emulation).
No problem with the same DSK on Gotek or USIfAC II.

TotO

AAAA.BIN is famously known as part of the SPEEDLOCK protection. May be the ROM table in RAM has moved the drive user entry (&A70x) to an upper address and the game loader do not read the good bit value to properly got the AMSDOS drive configuration. For example, it try to search the file in drive B instead of drive A. Can you select the DSK file for both drives A/B to see the result?
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

poulette73

"They Sold A Million disk 2" DSK on Gotek as drive A: ok

"They Sold A Million disk 2" DSK on Gotek as drive B:
1st attempt with a random floppy disc in drive A: "AAAA.BIN not found"
2nd attempt with no disc in drive A: "Drive A: disc missing. Retry, Ignore or Cancel?"

TotO

Quote from: poulette73 on 10:02, 19 March 23"They Sold A Million disk 2" DSK on Gotek as drive A: ok

"They Sold A Million disk 2" DSK on Gotek as drive B:
1st attempt with a random floppy disc in drive A: "AAAA.BIN not found"
2nd attempt with no disc in drive A: "Drive A: disc missing. Retry, Ignore or Cancel?"
The DSK Into both drives, at the same time.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

poulette73

Sorry I misunderstood, I forgot to use the M4 Board.

"They Sold A Million disk 2" DSK on Gotek as drive A.
Launching the game from the M4 Board

3rd attempt: ok, but the loading continues on Gotek (as drive A)