News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

what hve I done - Blue missing on screen (rgb TV)

Started by richcheckmate, 12:33, 14 November 20

Previous topic - Next topic

richcheckmate

Hi all,
     I had a perfect working CPC464 with rgb lead (the RGB lead had 5v going to the scart ). I thought I would create another RGB lead but upon testing it the screens background came on "black" instead of blue with the normal yellow text. I loaded  a game and the reds, greens are fine but no blue.    I wondered what I could have done wrong, so I swapped the lead for my known to be working RGB lead, and that now does the same thing. SO i have buggered some thing up as it was working before - well a few months ago.

What could I have done please help.

thanks

richcheckmate

Hi, 
    I forgot to say, I have had the main board out and there is continuity from the socket "blue" pin to a few resistors on the board. So I fear i have buggered something more complicated up

thanks in advance

Bryce

You may have pushed the pin in the SCART socket out of place.

Bryce.

richcheckmate

Hi,
     To be honest, I didnt check the scart as both leads did gave the same fault/results on the screen. So I have just opened up my reliable (bought one) and guess what....the pin 3 , the blue one had fallen away.  I soldered it on and now all is good.  So I checked the other lead.....the one I made from scratch, yup, the blue was off that as well.  What are the odds of both blue leads made from 2 different people coming away from their scarts.

Sorry I posted this and wasted peoples time.

Thanks Bryce, glad you told be to check  - I have a fully working 464 now, yay!

Cheers

Bryce

Quote from: richcheckmate on 16:24, 14 November 20
Sorry I posted this and wasted peoples time.

Thanks Bryce, glad you told be to check  - I have a fully working 464 now, yay!

Cheers

You didn't waste anybody's time if it resulted in getting things working again and you also learnt (I hope) that you need to check everything, even the things that you are "sure" that they are not the problem.

Bryce.