General Category > Technical Support

Why are the joystick buttons shown as keyboard keys in AMSDOS but not in games?

<< < (2/3) > >>

arnoldemu:

--- Quote from: EgoTrip on 12:18, 06 March 16 ---I never made that picture, its a screen grab from a PDF I downloaded from somewhere (Cant remember) years ago.

Just checked, it was made by someone called Bert Post Uiterweer

--- End quote ---
It is on cpctech website. I'll mention the updates to Bert.

dragon:
Many games use their own build of ascii code relationship with the keys.

But if you know where is the ascii code in the game depending of the game, you can assing the buttons to the letter you want diplay in text.

Bryce:
I believe this was mentioned in one the the Amstrad / Alan Sugar books or reports, that Alan tried out the computer and complained that there was no visual feedback that the Joystick was doing anything, so he instructed whoever was responsible for this to make sure that moving the joystick produced something on the screen.

Bryce.

Gryzor:
I didn't remember that story, but it makes total Sugar sense.

It's strange, though, if it's true, why didn't they make it just move the cursor around like with the similar story with the cursor keys?

freemac:

--- Quote from: Gryzor on 12:00, 07 March 16 ---I didn't remember that story, but it makes total Sugar sense.

It's strange, though, if it's true, why didn't they make it just move the cursor around like with the similar story with the cursor keys?

--- End quote ---
a$=INKEY:if a$="<=" :)

[attachimg=1]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version