Amstrad Action September 1988 Type-Ins
From CPCWiki - THE Amstrad CPC encyclopedia!
The following listings were published in the September 1988 issue of Amstrad Action:
- 3D Characters (Daren K Vernon)
- Disk Sector Editor (Niall Brady)
- Variables List (Michael Gledhill)
- Encode/Decode (Matthew Davey)
- Circles (John Dyson)
- Advanced Header Reader (Edward J Reid)
- Screen Grabber (Paul Rooney)
- Personal Spending (K. R. Street)
- Disk Sector Editor: Use CONTROL and H for online help.
- Variables List: Adds a new RSX |VAR which lists variables used in basic programs
- Encode/Decode: To speed up the program, remove the last statement in lines 90 and 130.
- Screen Grabber: run the program, then press CONTROL and SPACE to save a screenshot (SCREEN.BIN 17kB file). If using tape, ensure that record and play are pressed before you try to grab the picture.
- Personal Spending: Make sure CAPS LOCK is off. Run the program and enter the new start month (1-12). Go down the list entering expenditure (date, description, amount and account). Type END to force a save.
- Treasure Hunt by Benedict Garrett was accidentally only partially published; Personal Spending was accidentally published twice on consecutive pages. Treasure Hunt appeared fully the following month (AA37 / October 1988) along with a grovelling apology!