From CPCWiki - THE Amstrad CPC encyclopedia!
Revision as of 09:23, 8 April 2010 by Nocash
CPC464 Original version
- Board: PT NO Z70100, Copyright 1983
- Original version. Big mainboard, old Gate Array (with cooling plate). Real wires going to keyboard.
CPC464 Revision 1
- Big mainboard, separate soldering points for old and new Gate Array (with changed pin-outs). Fragile plastic wires going to keyboard.
CPC464 Revision 2
- Medium sized mainboard. Seems to be same as Revision 1, but components arranged more tightly.
CPC464 Revision 3 (cost-down)
- Board: PT NO Z8032(9?), Copyright 1988
- Tiny mainboard. Uses 100pin SMD Gate Array (combines the old Gate Array, CRTC, and some FDC/DRAM/RESET logic in one chip).
CPC664 Original version?
- Board: PT NO Z70205, MC0005A
CPC6128 Original version?
- Board: PT NO Z70290, 94HB, R1706, Copyright 1985
CPC6128 Revision (cost-down)
Tiny mainboard. Uses 100pin SMD Gate Array (combines the old Gate Array and PAL, CRTC, and some FDC/DRAM/RESET logic in one chip).
- Same mainboard is used in 464+ and 664+ (though not all components installed in 464+, and with different LK Links. Uses 160pin SMD Gate Array (ASIC).
- Board: 2700-017P-4, MC0123C, Copyright 1990