Roland on the Ropes
A conversion of Indescomp's ZX Spectrum hit Fred, Roland on the Ropes was the second of their launch titles for the CPC and also marked the second appearance of Roland. This time our shapeshifting hero found himself in a simplistic ladders and platform format as he attempts to escape from the tomb he's found himself raiding... Eat your heart our Lara Croft...
You have entered into a vast and dark mysterious tomb. You find yourself right at the lowest level of the tomb and must endeavour to find your way through the maze to the top encountering may hostile beings who are out to get you. Be brave and fearless as you climb your way through the numerous levels but BEWARE.....
Your strength will fade as you are confronted with monsters, acid drops, mummies, rats, skeletons, ghosts and vampires.
Being the intrepid Roland, you are able to jump over the rats to escape them and to defend yourself you can shoot at the mummies, skeletons or vampires, inevitably killing them. But shooting the ghosts merely frightens them away and there is no escape from them.
Screenshots & Videos
Re-releases and Compilations
- Released in Spain by Indescomp as Fred
- Re-released by Zigurat in Spain
- Appeared on the following compilations:
- Disco Obsequio 3 (1987) (as Fred)
Hints & Tips
None - Please feel free to add and remember to give full credit!
- Part of the original CPC464 bundle - the twelve programmes given away by Amsoft with the machine.
- Also released for the ZX Spectrum (as Fred)
- A sequel (of sorts) was released by Opera Soft as Sir Fred
- Roland on the Ropes at CPC-Power
- Roland on the Ropes at The Amstrad CPC Games Resource
- Roland on the Ropes at CPC Game Reviews