News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Bubble Bobble

Started by awergh, 15:05, 21 August 11

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryce

Wasn't 666 the number of the beast?

Bryce.

tastefulmrship

Quote from: Bryce on 23:00, 17 October 12
Wasn't 666 the number of the beast?
Nope. Not according to the god of all knowledge, Stephen Fry.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/616_%28number%29

Bryce

Although I'm a big fan of Stephen Fry, earlier sources clearly stated that 666 was the correct number. If I may quote from the "Scriptures of Bruce Dickinson":

Night was black, there was no holding back.
Cos I just had to see, was someone watching me,
In the mist, dark figures move and twist,
Was all this for real, or just some kind of hell,
666 the number of the beast,
Hell and fire were spawned to be released.

Bryce.

TFM

Sure it is 666. Just take a look at any kind of barcode. The first tow stipes, two in the middle and the two stripes at the end all encode a '6'. But none of these three '6' is written underneath. But they all have this secret 666. Now read the holy book: 'There will be time nobody can sell or buy without the number of the beast. And it's number is 666'.

Wake up CPC world!
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

00WReX

Forum Stats 47.730 Posts in 3.618 Topics by 666 Members. Latest Member: jasonorme666

The beast is among us....

:D ;D :P
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

Gryzor

Quote from: 00WReXForum Stats 47.730 Posts in 3.618 Topics by 666 Members. Latest Member: jasonorme666

Heheheheh good catch :D :D Well, let's see who posts the 66.666th one!

Gryzor

Quote from: tastefulmrshipQuote from: Carnivac on 22 August 2011, 11:27:19I always preferred the later Parasol Stars on PC Engine or AmigaParasol Stars was my favourite of the series.

...DIGRESSION...
Due to lack of motivation to work this weekend, I have done a very quick CPC version of the Amiga music!
I haven't been able to get Arkos to work for a while now, so it's still WinAPE volumes for now. I recommend listening to it in MONO mode than STEREO to get that Amiga on a TV screen feel... or something vaguely not similar!

Anyway, it's nice to remember those tunes you couldn't get rid of when you were young... and still can't...
Ohhh for some reason I had missed these. Just listened to them and they made my morning :) Very cute and so old-school, even for the CPC! Me likey.

Bryce

Quote from: 00WReX on 08:27, 23 October 12
Forum Stats 47.730 Posts in 3.618 Topics by 666 Members. Latest Member: jasonorme666

:D ;D :P

Shouldn't that be JasonOmen666 then? :D

Bryce.

00WReX

Yes, that's what I meant...not very stealthy though, this beast. ;D

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

robcfg

Then... among us the Dyslexic beast is!!  ;D

Anyway, you didn't got the song right, it's "Syx, syx, syx, the number of the beast..." XDDDDDDDDDD

tastefulmrship

You can't have a "The Beast" conversation without a little Aphrodite's Child!

Aphrodite's Child - The Beast (video)

MaV

Quote from: tastefulmrship on 09:42, 23 October 12
You can't have a "The Beast" conversation without a little Aphrodite's Child!
Ooooh, on the wiki page you can read that Vangelis Papathanassiou and Demis Roussos were members. If those two ain't a duo infernale I don't know who is. :D
Black Mesa Transit Announcement System:
"Work safe, work smart. Your future depends on it."

SyX

Quote from: robcfg on 08:46, 23 October 12Anyway, you didn't got the song right, it's "Syx, syx, syx, the number of the beast..." XDDDDDDDDDD
Sorry BeatleSyx is communicating, but we are sending to the Professor Mauriarty xDDD

tastefulmrship

Ok, apologies to Matthew Cannon & Keith Tinman. I was waaaaay wrong when I said Matt Furniss did the Amiga music!

HOL - Parasol Stars
Parasol Stars - The Story of Rainbow Islands II - ExoticA

tastefulmrship

Right! I've finally had 2 minutes to myself and managed to provisionally complete the PARASOL5 tune.
Now, the original uses all 4 Amiga channels so I had to arpeggio the right-channels (2 & 3) together to make it fit in the 3 channels we have available. It doesn't sound "too bad", but I'm also not too happy with it.

@cngsoft;
If you still want to use a version of PARASOL5 in your game, then please do, but do you know if that tune is even used? I can't seem to find it anywhere in the game (but I'm useless and so it would probably be staring me in the face if I had any ability!)

Attached (v1.1)

cngsoft

Quote from: tastefulmrshipRight! I've finally had 2 minutes to myself and managed to provisionally complete the PARASOL5 tune. [...] @cngsoft; If you still want to use a version of PARASOL5 in your game, then please do, but do you know if that tune is even used?
Good work, congrats; arpeggios are handy indeed when we run out of channels :-) I have yet to discover where that song goes, however. It never plays anywhere, whether I get to the bad end or the good one. It doesn't help that the PCE version (that includes a complete music test) doesn't have any similar song.

It's nevertheless interesting to notice that, where Ocean's version has just three in-game songs (normal world, secret world, boss fights) the original PCE game has five additional songs: Rainbow Star (8th world), Bubble Star (9th world), Chack'n Star (10th world), last boss fight and bonus stage/invincibility powerup.
(if you can't see the banner right now my server is currently offline)

Gryzor

Well, it wasn't unknown for games to have unused code in them...