News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

BackBit Pro / GX4000

Started by Titi, 11:26, 31 October 23

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

andycadley

Seems to be some sort of multi-system cartridge adapter. Maybe a good solution for anyone who doesn't have a C4CPC?

Gryzor

Ah yes that was the thing. I remembered the project but not the name... 

darksteph

Really good product, I have it on my GX4000. This is also valid on Amstrad+ and many other systems. The card is a little expensive but it works well.

DarkSteph

Cwiiis

Does it really require that you open up the machine and solder to something...? Not quite the C4CPC alternative one would've hoped for given how much it costs.

pelrun

That's because as a platform-agnostic device, it doesn't have an ACID or NoACID present. Could rather easily add one to the adapter, but the mod is pretty darn simple.

eto

Quote from: pelrun on 04:45, 03 November 23That's because as a platform-agnostic device, it doesn't have an ACID or NoACID present. Could rather easily add one to the adapter, but the mod is pretty darn simple.
I think it has the NoAcid-chip on the adapter. The cable seems to be the Reset-line which is not present on the cartridge port. I guess the Backbit loads the ROM into it's RAM and then resets the GX4000 so it properly restarts. 

I'm still curious what microcontroller is used. Too sad nobody did a tear-down yet.