News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CPC 464 B/W composite output

Started by Yrouel, 19:17, 05 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

Yrouel

Hello, I read everywhere that the CPC 464 doesn't have composite ouput, that's not quite true. While it's true that it doesn't have COLOR composite output but only RGB, if you connect the LUM signal (pin 6) to the center pin and GND (pin 5) to the outer conductor of a composite input you'll get a black and white output which for some things might be perfectly fine. Perhaps this was already known but anyway just my 2 cents.

Btw this is my first post so well I like to collect vintage machines and the 464 with its iconic colorful keyboard was on my list and finally I got one (a revision 4) :)

Bryce

Hi and welcome,
       yes that's well known, this is how the GT65 green monitors worked.

Bryce.

Yrouel

Quote from: Bryce on 19:31, 05 May 15
Hi and welcome,
       yes that's well known, this is how the GT65 green monitors worked.

Bryce.

Not surprised but wow I looked up the possibility of having composite output and it does seem an information not really written anywhere, I haven't found any ready to use cable either, only scart ones.

Bryce

As most people want colour, there's not exactly a huge market for a B/W composite cable. The CPC has a great RGB signal, what more could you want?

Bryce.

VincentGR

I made a composite cable for my 6128 just for test purposes to hook it on my 1084. The signal is B/W. I didn't test it on my 464 though  :-X

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus