News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

DDI-3, 4, or 5 in the UK? Or Gotek interface for 464?

Started by bolton80, 08:26, 08 August 23

Previous topic - Next topic

bolton80

Hi. I'm looking to get a ddi3, 4 or 5 for my 464. However, Zaxon won't ship to the UK. Does anyone know or another seller that will ship to the UK please?

Alternatively I'd like to get a gotek, but I need a disc interface to connect it, and have no idea where I can get one.

Can anyone advise on either of the above please?

demig

If you are just wanting to use USB to load (or indeed over wifi) then what about the ULIFAC instead? I got one and it works great. He ships to UK and it gives you roms and extra memory as well. I have mine set to start as a 6128 now when I switch it on.

Shaun M. Neary

Just a note on the ULIFAC. It's a really cool device, however it may struggle with protected disk loaders. That's not a knock on the device, the M4 has the same pitfall.

However, almost every disk game has been cracked and can be found on CPC-Power and CPCRulez so if it's strictly for games playing and not for authentic disk loading, then it's definitely worth it.
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

bolton80

Thanks. I've emailed the person that makes them. Waiting for a reply!

bolton80

I heard back from John and have placed my order. Thanks @demig and @Shaun M. Neary for the advice. Never heard of the ULIFAC before but it sounds perfect for my needs (games) and much cheaper than the other options.

McArti0

CPC 6128, Whole 6128 and Only 6128, with .....
NewPAL v3 for use all 128kB RAM by CRTC as VRAM
TYPICAL :) TV Funai 22FL532/10 with VGA-RGB-in.

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: bolton80 on 06:32, 09 August 23I heard back from John and have placed my order. Thanks @demig and @Shaun M. Neary for the advice. Never heard of the ULIFAC before but it sounds perfect for my needs (games) and much cheaper than the other options.
I use both a DDI-5 with a Gotek as well as an M4. Not at the same time, but the cracked protection games often have advantages. 1) Cheats, at the start menu if you're into that sort of thing and 2) bug fixes - some of originals (Rastan, anyone?) had bugs or buggy loaders where the cracked versions can fix.

So I swap around devices depending on what I feel like really.

Either way, enjoy gaming like it's 1984.  :D
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?