News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Edge Connector

Started by Bryce, 12:35, 18 September 13

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryce

Hi All,
        I can't remember who asked me about this, I think it was ikongrs, either way.... I found these lately:
WR Rademacher Laborkarte (L x B x H) 100 x 25 x 1.5 mm Rastermaß Für Stecker

These can be used to make an edge connector for male/male connections or adding an edge connector to a flat cable. They are 39pole per side, but can be easily cut down to the 25pole size needed for the CPC.

Bryce.

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

TotO

Quote from: TFM on 18:37, 18 September 13
Great hint, I also found them:

Centronics-Steckverbinder für Flachbandkabel Pole=50 A-57/50 MFR im Conrad

No really easy to get these days  :)

Great ; I'm actually searching that!
Sadly, the french shop don't show promotions for this item. :(

"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Bryce

The Last Bandit

Hate resurrecting an old thread but does anyone have a part number (supplier) for the 50 way "Expansion" card edge connector, both IDC and TH  ?

Bryce

Here's the PCB mounted version: STECKER 50-254 - SLot-Stecker, RM 2,54, 2x25-polig bei reichelt elektronik

The IDC version is almost impossible to find these days.

Bryce.

The Last Bandit

Brilliant thanks !! 

The Last Bandit

Tracked down an IDC version on RS but they want nearly €20 for one with strain relief...

TotO

For 16€, you got an IDC edge ribbon cable with an MX4 board in bonus.  ;D
CPC Store (new) - Cent Pour Cent

"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

TFM

Quote from: Bryce on 16:23, 14 January 14
Here's the PCB mounted version: STECKER 50-254 - SLot-Stecker, RM 2,54, 2x25-polig bei reichelt elektronik

The IDC version is almost impossible to find these days.

Bryce.

What is IDC, is it "zum Quetschen für Flachbandkabel"?

TFM of FutureSoft

MaV

Black Mesa Transit Announcement System:
"Work safe, work smart. Your future depends on it."

TFM

Ohne Quetschkabel wird's echt arbeitsintensiv...  (no IDC, more soldering fun).

TFM of FutureSoft

MaV

Yep, das ist ein Haufen Arbeit. ( that's a lot of work. )
Black Mesa Transit Announcement System:
"Work safe, work smart. Your future depends on it."

TFM

And a good training for the eyes. (50 Loetpunkte, das kriegen die Augen bald nimmer hin. Gut dass es Centronics gibt). But there is Centronics too.

TFM of FutureSoft

The Last Bandit

I just hit the google translate option  ;D  Not a bad site though, plenty of good bits to buy.

Bryce

Quote from: TFM on 21:01, 14 January 14
And a good training for the eyes. (50 Loetpunkte, das kriegen die Augen bald nimmer hin. Gut dass es Centronics gibt). But there is Centronics too.

The solder version is meant for mounting directly onto a PCB, only an idiot would try to solder 50 wires to this. The IDC version (proper name in German is "Schneid-Klemm Stecker" not  "zum Quetschen für Flachbandkabel" :D ) is for Flat cables only.

Bryce.

The Last Bandit

Quote from: Bryce on 09:32, 15 January 14
The solder version is meant for mounting directly onto a PCB, only an idiot would try to solder 50 wires to this. .

I've seen idiots do a lot worse :)

Bryce

TFM

Quote from: Bryce on 09:32, 15 January 14
The solder version is meant for mounting directly onto a PCB, only an idiot would try to solder 50 wires to this.

Thanks!  :)

So out of curiosity... what did you use for the internal expansion port? Is there another kind of adapter?

TFM of FutureSoft

Bryce

No, in that case there was no choice but hard work :( I had to solder each wire individually. There's pictures of it here: 464+ Mod

Bryce.

wilco2009

What about this one: 5pc Industrial Card Edge Slot Socket Connector 25x2P 50P 2.54mm 0.1" 3A | eBay

Is cheaper than the others and shipping costs are not so high, specially if you order more than one lot.

Bryce

Quote from: wilco2009 on 01:12, 19 January 14
What about this one: 5pc Industrial Card Edge Slot Socket Connector 25x2P 50P 2.54mm 0.1" 3A | eBay

Is cheaper than the others and shipping costs are not so high, specially if you order more than one lot.

?? The one I linked to cost €0,81 with €4,90 postage, the one you point to on ebay is €1,92 with about €4,80 postage? Am I missing something?

Bryce.

gerald

Quote from: Bryce on 15:10, 19 January 14
?? The one I linked to cost €0,81 with €4,90 postage, the one you point to on ebay is €1,92 with about €4,80 postage? Am I missing something?

Bryce.
1.92€ is for 5 connectors ;)

Bryce

So I was missing something :D I really need to learn to read those number things :D

Bryce.