News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

GX4000 Multicart/SD card

Started by chinnyhill10, 15:21, 18 October 14

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryce

I'd drop the jumpers completely and wire it for a 27C4001. The smaller ones are the same or more expensive these days. A 512K is cheaper than a 128K or 256K and easier to find.

Bryce.

ArcadeTV

so that would be the same wiring as in your multipcb, right?

Bryce

Yeah, just without the DIP switches and the pull-up resistors.

Bryce.

ArcadeTV

Quote from: Bryce on 22:28, 30 October 14
LK1 sets the A18 pin of the EPROM to VCC - It needs to be VCC if a 27C1001 or 27C2001 is installed. But if a 27C4001 is installed it needs to be removed and LK2 needs to be set.
LK6 connects the CPC A15 to A15 of the EPROM, this also needs to be switchable, because if a 27C256 was installed, this EPROM pin needs to be connected to VCC.
In both cases, because the EPROM pin is the PGM pin on those EPROMs.

Now I'm totally confused :-( sorry...
In your multicart-pcb-layout A17 and A18 are not connected, but you said LK2 needs to be set if a 27C4001 is used...
Right now my 27C4001-pins 30/A17 and 31/A18 are connected to A17 and A18.
Is that correct?

Bryce

My MuliCart only connects 128K to the CPC, the other Address bits are turned on/off manually to select which 128K block of the EPROM the CPC sees. You should connect these pins directly to the CPC to access the whole EPROM at once.

Bryce.

Gesendet von meinem Motorola DynaTEC 8000X mit Tapatalk 2.

TFM

Of course you saw Geralds other thread in which he actually presents a working Cartridge. So I would suggest to join forces with him instead of reinventing the wheel.  :)

CPC Plus cartridge replacement : one more

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Bryce

It's not inventing the wheel twice. They are two different devices with different features and probably a different price range too.
Why not do both?

Bryce.

mr_lou

Join forces. Make one of them.
Then join forces again, make the other.
But not both at the same time.  :)

I speak for all us consumers when I say: We can't wait any longer!  :)

Bryce

Not my choice, it's ArcadeTVs project.

Bryce.

Executioner

This cartridge with multiple games sounds like a great idea, but it needs to either have a way of doing a reset back to one of a number of setup options (eg. BASIC, game selector, current game reset). Maybe even two BASIC configurations with/without ParaDOS 1.2+, or just two reset buttons (one to select the game/configuration and the other to reset the current config).

It'd be great if the game selector had the ability to modify parts of the EEPROM through disc/tape or some other means (especially for GX4000), then if any new cart software gets made it's easy to upgrade.

TFM

And don't forget the FutureOS autostart and the X-DDOS as Amsdos replacement. Ok, Varados too.  ;)

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Executioner

Quote from: TFM on 23:35, 12 November 14
And don't forget the FutureOS autostart and the X-DDOS as Amsdos replacement. Ok, Varados too.  ;)

That's a great reason to have it writable, so we can put custom OS etc in it.

TFM

Yes, writable from the CPC side.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft