News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

FPGAmstrad candidate 002 is out !

Started by freemac, 17:30, 18 December 11

Previous topic - Next topic

freemac

http://cpcwiki.eu/index.php/FPGAmstrad

FPGAmstrad candidate 002 - Amstrad CPC 6128 on FPGA (VHDL) - long test

Games tested successfully :
Boulder Dash, Bruce Lee, Chase H.Q., Axiens, Invaders, Fruity Frank, Tempest, Ye Wizard Lair, Xevious, Prince of Percia, Crazy Cars II, Arkanoid, Trailblazer, Buggy Boy, Donkey Kong, Antiriad, Ghosts'n Goblins, Gryzor, Ikari Warriors, Sapiens, Knight Lore, Alien 8, Barbarian, Barbarian II, Bubble Ghost.

OCT

Not too much of a compliment I guess! ;)

With plenty of FPGA dev kits on the wedding list to fuel the family business... :)

Sykobee (Briggsy)

I hope this gets ported to the FPGAArcade when that is available.

TFM

Excellent work freemac!

I saw you have included the Maxam assembler, so you support expansion ROMs  :)

How much ROMs do you support?

Do you support expansion RAM (ok, sure 128 KB at least)? IMHO 512 KB would be great.

The sound is awesome, GFX are great!

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

freemac

NEXYS2 has 16Mo of external RAM, I use it for Amstrad RAM, ROM and DSK selected at startup, that's all (VRAM and ram_palette are on FPGA internal RAM)

I inserted Maxam ROM because there is so much assembly cool code over the net. And I think it could be useful for calibration.

TFM

Quote from: freemac on 23:57, 18 December 11
NEXYS2 has 16Mo of external RAM, I use it for Amstrad RAM, ROM and DSK selected at startup, that's all (VRAM and ram_palette are on FPGA internal RAM)

WoW! That's great! So you can (if you like) simulate for example 512 KB external ROM (like the MegaFlash provides).

And you could also provide all 4 MB expansion RAM (like in RAM7's and Jareks expansion, both dk'tronics compatible).

Quote from: freemac on 23:57, 18 December 11
I inserted Maxam ROM because there is so much assembly cool code over the net. And I think it could be useful for calibration.

Maxam is a good choice. I still use it (I own an original of Maxam II and some other assemblers, but I still stick to Maxam in ROM). Have you checked if FutureOS will work?
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

freemac

Quote from: TFM/FS on 02:59, 19 December 11
Have you checked if FutureOS will work?
I didn't test others ROM on it. FPGAmstrad is not mature enough yet in order to try them. I still have a FPGAmstrad bug-list ^^'

TFM

Quote from: freemac on 12:10, 19 December 11
I didn't test others ROM on it. FPGAmstrad is not mature enough yet in order to try them. I still have a FPGAmstrad bug-list ^^'

Hehe! Well, if I watch that 1 hour video, then it seems like it can do EVERYTHING!!!
Feel strongly encouraged to go on in your wonderful work!!!

I'm more a software guy, but if I can help you in any way (who to simulate expansion xyz for example), just let me know :-)))

TFM of FutureSoft

Gryzor

freemac

Quote from: Gryzor on 15:43, 23 December 11
* Gryzor wants one.
It is a DIY, I suggest you NEXYS2 1200k-gates in order to follow next evolutions.
I just posted a 1200k-gates binary of FPGAmstrad candidate 002, on FPGAmstrad page, "How to assemble it".

freemac

More games tested on candidate 002 :)
until I broke my joystick (my motivation for USB joystick suddenly grow up... let's see next candidate, 003, when I'll be rich enough^^)

show youtube playlist

P47, Macadam, Super Ski, Action Fighter, Airwolf (sik), Cauldron, Dan Dare I & II, The Empire Strikes Again & Star wars, Rick Dangerous I & II, Bomb Jack I & II (I prefer the first), POP-UP (so so), Mario Bros (lol), Rock Raid (sik), Rygar (I love), Hyperbowl (great), Killapede, Hold-up, operation Hanoi.

MacDeath

Quoteuntil I broke my joystick
You tested games like Daley Thomson's Decathlon ?

lol... you should have known better.