News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

PAL systems - NTSC displays

Started by Tompus, 05:49, 15 November 22

Previous topic - Next topic

Tompus

Hello,
Can anyone recommend the best method/converter to use for PAL systems to NTSC displays?  I tried a SCART to VGA cable on the GX4000 but show a green screen with the converter I have.  I also have a SCART to composite which shows some color but not a good picture.

TotO

Hello,

The GX4000 is 50Hz RGB. What is your NTSC display? :)
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

eto

The GX4000 only outputs PAL via the TV modulator. The other outputs are Composite Video over Scart or RGB over Scart and the monitor connector. Afaik as long as your TV/screen/converter can accept 50Hz signals, you should be fine.

What converter are you using?

With my GX4000 I had plenty of issues when not using a good RGB Scart cable and it did not work with a 5V power adapter. Composite Video over Scart was very crappy - but I didn't have a good cable either and I can't compare the TV with another composite source, so I'm not sure what was causing this. RGB is preferred anyway.

For SCART Output I think I read somewhere that it is crucial to use a 9-12V power supply and not the 5V power supply. Beware not to use the wrong socket with the 9-12V power supply as this would fry the GX4000.