News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

USB Mouse Batch.

Started by Bryce, 10:22, 16 December 11

Previous topic - Next topic

MacDeath

I opened a topic at CPCrulez... to promote your wonderfull product.

Because the guys there don't come here often (Engrish is not quite French-friendly language to them...)

http://cpcrulez.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4697&p=18454#p18454

Bryce

Very nice thanks. I knew the first question would be "Can I connect a USB stick to it?" had to laugh when I read that :)

Bryce.

mr_lou

Quote from: Bryce on 20:39, 29 December 11
Very nice thanks. I knew the first question would be "Can I connect a USB stick to it?" had to laugh when I read that :)

Well, you can.... if you want to....  just won't do you much good.

Bryce

Well it will probably make the LED show the error flash message :) But that's about it.

Bryce.

MacDeath

QuoteI knew the first question would be "Can I connect a USB stick to it?"
Your french must be rusty because he actually told :
"can you ask Bryce for the same kind of stuff but which would do with USB Memory stick instead of mouse and would be used to get some MassData storage function instead of controller/pointing device...?"

sort of. ;D

I opened another topic though.

Funny thing, i was casualy talking about your Mouseadapter batch and Hermol sent me a PM because he wasn't even aware of such batch.
English is not French friendly, obviously...

TFM

Quote from: MacDeath on 00:40, 30 December 11
English is not French friendly, obviously...

Never mind, the USamericans also just speak one language. Anything else is dangerous and bears the risk to be burnt on the stage.

Is there a French word for Redneck? I mean... the French Rednecks. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate if people do have a deep connection to the place where they have been born and raised, and never left ;-)

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

MaV

Quote from: TFM/FS on 01:56, 30 December 11
Is there a French word for Redneck? I mean... the French Rednecks. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate if people do have a deep connection to the place where they have been born and raised, and never left ;-)

Let's see ... though the french people in this forum have to decide which word is best, my knowledge of french only goes so far:

péquenaud
beauf
blaireau
colon (in Canada)

My guess is beauf.

Black Mesa Transit Announcement System:
"Work safe, work smart. Your future depends on it."

Bryce

Well Northern Rednecks in France are known as Ch'ti, but other regions have other names.

@MacDeath: I fully understood his comment, I was just referring to the general direction of his question :)

Bryce.

MacDeath

QuoteIs there a French word for Redneck? I mean... the French Rednecks.
too many words for too many peoples... :D

Quotepéquenaud
beauf
blaireau
colon (in Canada)
pouilleux (someone with fleas), paysoux (peasantry), provincials (=not from Paris), des gens qui sentent le terroir (people who smell the earth), mimi-casse-croute, etc...

Bedau too.

But yeah,  beauf is the most common (used to be in the recent past).
or Pequenaud too.

QuoteNorthern Rednecks in France are known as Ch'ti
well, redneck and cht'i are not meant to be specific to backwards people at first, but it became...

Cht'i are just peoples from Nord... but yeah, it sound backward and most of those are... ;D

But Chti is like the Lyon's people calling themselves the "gones"...

but to be a "gone" is not pejorative, I mean, Lyon is a great european city, used to be the capital city of Roman Gaule and so on... (and they often kick some Real de Madrid's asses.)

It's the same as a Parisian "Titi".

or "crétins de marseillais" too.

Gryzor

Well, if it ain't my favorite postman with an envelope from my favorite correspondent... :)

Top-notch quality, as always! Now I've got to take care of that power supply connector...
Thanks, mate! We love you =)

Kris

How far from the original topic you are ;D ; but it was worth it; I have been laughing alone in front of my desk at work.... :laugh:

Gryzor

Well, this *is* the thread about the adaptor, isn't it? :)

00WReX

ooh, can't wait for mine...but it does have a bit further to come...hopefully this week sometime along with the MegaFlash I also ordered.  ;D

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

Bryce

Cool, I'm working on the second batch now, so I will be sending out PMs later this week to those who haven't got one yet.

Bryce.

TFM

Thanks' for that wonderful piece of hardware. It arrived savely!

Now it's time to care about some corresponding software for it. Somebody told me that SyX already made a very well driver for it. Also I intend to support it in my upcoming game (more about this soon).

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Bryce

Syx also did some research on other software that used the AMX Mouse, so here's a short list of known software:

OS /Desktop:
DES
FutureOS
Max Desktop
SymbOS

Art Packages:
AMX Art
OCP Art Studio

DTP:
Page Publisher
Stop Press
AMX PageMaker

Have fun testing.
Bryce.

SyX

I have made a little program to test the mouse quickly... only move, buttons and the wheel; the laser-sharks are for the 2.0 ;D

While i'm waiting mine, i'm taking notes, excited, about possible ideas for new projects. What new programs would you like to have with mouse support??? ;)

archcosmo

Stunt Car Racer supports AMX mouse controls - wanna give it a try and report back?

thanks

Gryzor

Question: are there any pass-through plugs for the 5V? HxC uses it as well, so it'd be a shame if I had to choose between them...

arnoldemu

Quote from: SyX on 01:16, 04 January 12
I have made a little program to test the mouse quickly... only move, buttons and the wheel; the laser-sharks are for the 2.0 ;D

While i'm waiting mine, i'm taking notes, excited, about possible ideas for new projects. What new programs would you like to have with mouse support??? ;)
arkanoid with mouse support like on atari st?
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Gryzor

Quote from: arnoldemu on 10:06, 04 January 12
arkanoid with mouse support like on atari st?

That would be superb!!! But you couldn't detect speed changes...

Bryce

I just tested SyXs Mouse Test program and it's pretty cool. Slight bug though - The scroll wheel up/down are reversed (at least for my way of thinking). Scrolling the wheel towards you should flash the down arrow, but the up arrow flashes instead.

@Gryzor: I just daisy chain the 5V with a plug/socket in the middle and connect all expansions parallel to the wires in between. Regarding the Speed detection - No, the joystick port only has digital inputs, so it only reports single steps, not how many steps since last poll. Other 8-bit / 16-bit computers have analogue inputs on the joystick port so the mouse speed (distance moved) is recorded as an analogue value.

Bryce.

TotO

Quote from: TFM/FS on 21:59, 03 January 12Somebody told me that SyX already made a very well driver for it. Also I intend to support it in my upcoming game (more about this soon).
It's nothing more than joysticks moves and fires... Why a driver? Why a game support?
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

RockRiver

Quote from: TotO on 14:05, 04 January 12
It's nothing more than joysticks moves and fires... Why a driver? Why a game support?
Heyyy!!! man... I have a dream.... the future great new R-Type with mouse support  8) :P ;D ;)

SyX

Quote from: Bryce on 12:05, 04 January 12
I just tested SyXs Mouse Test program and it's pretty cool. Slight bug though - The scroll wheel up/down are reversed (at least for my way of thinking). Scrolling the wheel towards you should flash the down arrow, but the up arrow flashes instead.
Ups or as i say these days, my nephew  :P ... Fixed!!!  ;)

With respect to the speed detection, there is another mouse interfaces for CPC with that feature, but there is not software for them, except the horrendous paint program that came with it. Even for new interfaces, as the included in the Symbiface, in all those years only one program exist, a "hack" of Arkanoid :P