News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Latest on ebay

Started by steve, 13:54, 05 September 11

Previous topic - Next topic

awergh

While its not a CPC the information about the PDS development system - CPCWiki is interesting.
Not quite sure I want one but it does look in reasonably nice shape although a little yellowed.
Apricot PC From 1983 BY ACT Intel 8086 512K RAM 2 X 3 5" Floppy Drives Monitor

Its certainly much nicer than the very sad 464 someone else listed recently.

Bryce

One of the really "rare" Schneider devices, but I still wouldn't pay that price: SCHNEIDER VIDEOPAC 7200 CONSOLE - Retro as Atari SNES Sega - RARE RETRO TREASURE

Bryce.

Gryzor

Whoa. Never seen either of them. The Schneider is especially nice!

Terje_Norway

Hi,

Have a look at the following auctions that ended Yesterday (16.11.2014) on Ebay.

It proves that some CPC users (or investors ? ? ?) has a lot of money. Perhaps more money than mind in my opinion ! ! !
The only item that could deserve these prices IMO is the Expansion Card. Perhaps someone could add this info to the CPCWIKI ? ? ?

Classic Arnor ROMs for Amstrad CPC
(Honeysoft HS-RX1 Sideways ROM Expansion Card)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201213918658?ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1435.l2649
Ended at : £155.55

Amstrad CPC FD1 External Disc Drive
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201213932457?ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1435.l2649
Ended at : £32.00

Amstrad CPC 64k RAM Memory Expansion
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201213907570?ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1435.l2649
Ended at : £103.55

Amstrad CPC Utility Software Bundle (3" Disc)
(AMX Mouse, Masterfile III, Draughtsman, LocoScript 2, HiSoft Catalogue, Tascopy 464, Mastercalc 128 and Stop Press)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201213948845?ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1435.l2649
Ended at : £49.00

Yours

Terje Grind
NORWAY

Bryce

The first (and most expensive) one was bought by a well known Spanish user, he was also bidding on some of those other items and he's well known for paying extremely high prices. I was bidding on a CPC disk recently (my limit was €7), but he and another well known Spanish "high bidder" got involved and the disk ended up going for €123!
As long as you're bidding on something that the two Spanish guys already own, you can probably get it for a reasonable price :D

What gets me, is that the two guys know each other! If they came to an arrangement on who bids for what, they could save themselves a fortune.

Bryce.

Jckf

This one has had only one bid for days now: Retro Vintage Amstrad CPC 464 Complete Set Up Monitor Keyboard 56 Games | eBay

Are you all just waiting for the end of the auction? ;)

steve

Sniping is the only way to get something at a reasonable price, I usually forget and miss the end of the auction!  ;D

TFM

Quote from: steve on 19:04, 17 November 14
Sniping is the only way to get something at a reasonable price, I usually forget and miss the end of the auction!  ;D

Exactly not. I bid what I want to pay maximum and that's it.  8)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

CPC_Fan

Quote from: Bryce on 16:12, 17 November 14
The first (and most expensive) one was bought by a well known Spanish user, he was also bidding on some of those other items and he's well known for paying extremely high prices. I was bidding on a CPC disk recently (my limit was €7), but he and another well known Spanish "high bidder" got involved and the disk ended up going for €123!
As long as you're bidding on something that the two Spanish guys already own, you can probably get it for a reasonable price :D

What gets me, is that the two guys know each other! If they came to an arrangement on who bids for what, they could save themselves a fortune.

Bryce.

No wonder I haven't had a chance then with anything that I have wanted to bid on recently  :(   Not really fair on anyone else imho if these two people are bidding extremely high amounts in the last few seconds, just so that it guarantees that one of them gets it.

ralferoo

Quote from: CPC_Fan on 00:39, 18 November 14
No wonder I haven't had a chance then with anything that I have wanted to bid on recently  :(   Not really fair on anyone else imho if these two people are bidding extremely high amounts in the last few seconds, just so that it guarantees that one of them gets it.
Unfortunately, this is really the only way as a buyer to get a good price.

There are several issues at play - generally people don't really know the market value of things, so they usually low ball their first bid and then they are often swayed by the thrill of the auction and when they're outbid, they'll usually up their bid by a small amount and keep going each time they're outbid and can often end up paying far over the usual going rate.

The only strategy that avoids the effects of these bidders is to decide on what you think the item is worth at maximum and bid that in the dying seconds. If they are outbid, they probably won't be online watching the auction to increase their bid by a little (and even if they do and just increase their bid a little, you'll probably get them on the auto bid up to your maximum). There's always the risk that someone else will bid in the last few seconds too (sometimes winning by only a couple of pence over your maximum) so sometimes it pays to be earlier by a few seconds.

But generally, this is the best way to bid. Even if you lose, you'll know you stuck to your maximum, but it gives you the best possible chance to win the item for your ideal price.

steve

Bidding early simply tells other people that this might be something that they themselves should bid on.
I have placed a high early bid on a few occasions, either bidding was slow and I lost in the final few seconds or bidding was encouraged by my bid and I was outbid long before the end of the auction.
I have even bid high early and then realised it was an impulse bid and I did not really want the item, hopefully I would lose the auction, but I have ended up buying items I did not want.

Bryce

Those guys don't do the "up-it-a-little" bidding. Any auctions I've seen them in, they went straight in with a very high first bid a few seconds before the end. In some cases > €250. Madness (not the band, the other type).

Ask them yourself, they are both members here.

Bryce.

TFM

Well, that's the principle of an auction. The best bid gets the product.

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Executioner

The problem isn't the sniping, it's the way eBay does auctions. If they kept on extending the auction for a few minutes after a bid there wouldn't be any way you could snipe.

TFM

You got a good point there.

An the other hand ... what's so hard about it? I bet the maximum amount of money the product it worth to me. And that's it! Either I get it or not. In both cases I'm fine - either I made a good deal or I didn't pay too much.

Of course if someone is just not able to make decisions, for that kind of people sniping may be helpful. However in this case I suggest meditating  ;)
TFM of FutureSoft

CraigsBar

IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Bryce

Nice, but way too expensive.

Bryce.

CraigsBar

Quote from: Bryce on 10:07, 22 November 14
Nice, but way too expensive.

Bryce.
If it were perfect then maybe. But with a faulty screen and in places a dopey looking case. ...

CraigsBar

Getting close to a possibility
Check out this item I found on eBay: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=171553969894&alt=web

CraigsBar

And a complete set......
Check out this item I found on eBay: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=361126414866&alt=web

steve

Quote from: CraigsBar on 22:06, 23 November 14
Getting close to a possibility
Check out this item I found on eBay: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=171553969894&alt=web

This one has a broken key, probably not an easy fix.

CraigsBar

Quote from: steve on 22:20, 23 November 14
This one has a broken key, probably not an easy fix.
But replacement keyboards are still available for not too much. Ok I don't need another Cpc but a Cpc 464 would complete my retro obsession.

steve

Last year I bought a broken 464 for 99p, if you pay £45 you want it to be fully working.

pinace

Quote from: Bryce on 14:10, 10 November 14
Only posts to UK :(

Bryce.

Just come to Spain. You have to ask the seller about the shipment, in many cases do not put any objection to send outside the UK ;)

Bryce

Yes, but why do they do that!!?? In ebay.de, ebay.fr and ebay.nl most things will be listed as "postage worldwide", but in the UK they seem to think the world ends at their coast.

Bryce.