News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

cpcwiki question marks.......

Started by cpc4eva, 20:37, 06 April 14

Previous topic - Next topic

cpc4eva

hey guys something rather annoying occurs to me when i type in question marks on here....

see the attachments....

when i type in a number of question marks i get an icon appearing is that meant to happen or is it a bug ?  does it happen to anyone else ?

also i am finding that i cannot paste things from other websites in my posts on here is it something wrong with my set up or another bug ??

i couldn't even copy a simple web address and paste it in here and post it in one of my posts i had to hand type it in here seems very odd .... any ideas / suggestions ?

andycadley

Well three question marks in a row is the shortcut way of putting in the ??? emoticon. So that's why you see it get replaced. As for pasting a URL in, that should work as far as I know, so that might be something up with your browser.

AMSDOS

I just Copied and Pasted a Link into my message without any hassle.

Have a look at your account settings and where it's got Modify Profile in Orange select Look & Layout.

Have a look at the Image I've attached and use those settings, if it doesn't help then it maybe some corrupt Cookies on your computer which maybe the problem.

* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

cpc4eva

Quote from: AMSDOS on 22:55, 06 April 14

Have a look at your account settings and where it's got Modify Profile in Orange select Look & Layout.

Have a look at the Image I've attached and use those settings, if it doesn't help then it maybe some corrupt Cookies on your computer which maybe the problem.

using firefox i can not paste to posts but i just tried it in IE and it worled fine i have not tried chrome as yet to see if it works but i will give ur suggestion a try while using firefox and see what happens........

Gryzor

Andy explained why the ? issue. It's the shortcut for that silly smiley.

As for the pasting thing, let's see, I'm typing this in FF:
Keep your Firefox in Sync Instantly make Firefox your own wherever you use it. Access your bookmarks, history, passwords and more from any device.

Nah, works perfectly. Let's try an address:

Download Firefox — Free Web Browser — Mozilla

Nah, works again. So it must be something with your setup?

Bryce

Pasting only started working again recently. It was either the older Wiki software or (more likely) the older version of FF that had a problem. I've read about FF pasting not working on other pages, which is why I assume it wasn't a Wiki problem.

Bryce.

Gryzor

Huh. Never had an issue with Opera (Chromium) or Chrome...

cpc4eva

Quote from: AMSDOS on 22:55, 06 April 14

yup i did that and it worked.....

if i have probs with it in future ill post again in here....