News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

WARNING - editing difficulties

Started by Gryzor, 08:36, 15 July 09

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

Hello guys,

Yesterday I did a major update to the wiki's software, and something appears to have gone amiss. Non-admin accounts get an empty page when they try to edit a page, I think, can you confirm it? Will get right on it... Apologies :(

Gryzor

...and fixed. Kind of, at least. It appears that with the latest version FCKEditor only works for admin accounts, so aunfortunately I've disabled the rich text editor for the time being. Please make do with the mediawiki editor, and I'll try to find a solution!!!

fano

Hi !

To reply to your PM, editing works now perfectly for me  ;D
"NOP" is the perfect program : short , fast and (known) bug free

Follow Easter Egg products on Facebook !

Gryzor

Yeah, but not with the FCKEditor!

I'm trying to install the newer version, but FCKE has always been a BITCH to incorporate to a mediawiki installation, so I don't know how long it'll take...

Do you guys use the FCKEditor anyway?

Ygdrazil

Nope, can't say I will mess FCKE!  ::)

/Ygdrazil

PS. I don't like FCKE, as it puts a lot non wiki code into pages after edit. >:(

Quote from: Gryzor on 10:09, 15 July 09
Yeah, but not with the FCKEditor!

I'm trying to install the newer version, but FCKE has always been a BITCH to incorporate to a mediawiki installation, so I don't know how long it'll take...

Do you guys use the FCKEditor anyway?

Gryzor

Yeah, I don't like it either. But since it's about the only WYSIWYG mediawiki editor out there, I have it for those that won't bother learning wiki syntax. I know it causes problems, that's why I never tell anything to anybody and I just correct the pages and the mess it produces (especially with <div> tags)...

In any case, it seems it's out of the way for now!