News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Lines Demo 2 (CPC Basic)

Started by Bytebreaker, 01:28, 04 March 16

Previous topic - Next topic

Bytebreaker

Hello there,

under normal circumstances I would not have been able to come up with the next release so quickly.
But you guys helped me within minutes and hours after I posted a question. So I just had to do what you told me instead of reading, trying, failing and cursing another 1001 times.

Please enjoy my lines demo 2.

run"disc

Thanks Fessor for color cyling and screen ram grabbing help, Morri for being an impressive role model for Basic coders and all others who helped with clever advice. I already mentioned you in the greetings part. :-)

The next release will take longer, I will read about hardware, z80, sprites and so on. While I learn, I motivate myself by watching what you cool CPC dudes do on the machines Sir Alan Sugar gave us as his heritage.

I don't want to protect my sourcecode since we should all profit from one another.

Kris

Nice basic visual effects !

alex76gr

That was beautiful!
Thank you! :)
I still believe that i got my myopia from the green GT-65 monitor, but i can't prove it! :)

Fessor

Yeah, its impressive what can be done in and with Basic. Even some commercial Games are programmed in Basic with some MC-Extensions.
Hanse (100% Basic), Radzone (Basic with MC), Pirates(!) (Basic with MC) to name a few.

Bytebreaker

Pirates?!?! Jeez I didn't know that.
I believe that all kind of round-based games should work fine in Basic.
Games that work real-time can get timing problems/slowdowns.

roudoudou

This is a nice usage of the fill command for the first effect!

Next time, try to use mode 0 for color cycling effect in basic

Take a look at my former demo basic demo 2, there is a lot of tricks in it!

starfield in color cycling mode 0
moving big blocks in mode 1 refreshing only differences
it's a little slow but visual is ok

roudoudou basic 2 &copy flower corp. (1999)

My pronouns are RASM and ACE

Bytebreaker

Thanks roudoudou,

I know your demos already and think you really know how to treat an Amstrad machine.  ;D