News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Runing CRTC3.CPR demo on Amstrad CPC 464 with DDI5 512KB ???

Started by elBeton, 18:44, 22 January 24

Previous topic - Next topic

elBeton

Like in topic it is possible to run crtc3 demo (file: crtc3_party.cpr) on Amstrad CPC464 with DDI5 interface (521KB RAM + USB gotek)??

On this interface I can run .dsk and .hfe files as images of drives but can't run .cpr image. I know that is an Amstrad 464+ cartridge image. I was looking for software converting .cpr to .dsk or .hfe format but only found software to convert .cpr to .bin so I don't know hot to run it on CPC 464.
Or maybe someone has this demo on .dsk / .hfe format ??

Does it have Amstrad CPC464 and Amstrad 464 + the same hardware ? (either cartridge slot in 464+)

Maniac

It's a Plus only demo. It was designed to run from cartridge. So even if you could convert that to disk it won't work I'm afraid.

andycadley

Quote from: elBeton on 18:44, 22 January 24Does it have Amstrad CPC464 and Amstrad 464 + the same hardware ? (either cartridge slot in 464+)
To answer this question, the Plus range have a whole range of additional hardware features: 4096 colours, hardware sprites, pixel based hardware scrolling, DMA sound, customisable interrupt capabilities.

They're a lot more powerful than the standard 464 model.