News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CPC-Power download lock?

Started by Puresox, 23:14, 03 February 14

Previous topic - Next topic

Puresox

Just been trying to download a couple of programmes off the CPC power site and came across there new anti bot system. Which gives you a code to repeat, I tried 3 times to input the code , which it didn't seem to like and now I am locked from downloading stuff from there! What a pain in the arse.
Two problems now, how do I get the ability back to download stuff  and what am I doing wrong with the code? Anyone else dealt with it yet?

Token

You have to type the letters in the good order ;)

Puresox

Can't for the life of me work out what they are after , with this code? Never come across this style before ....
Eg.

UWKMG

What the fuck do they want .......K U G W M? ???
I am gonna feel a right burk when it is pointed out .

IanS

Quote from: Puresox on 23:24, 04 February 14
Can't for the life of me work out what they are after , with this code? Never come across this style before ....
Eg.

UWKMG

No, W (2nd char), M (4th char), U (1st char), G(5th char), K (3rd char)

TotO

May be it's case sensitive...
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

gerald

Puresox

Quote from: IanS on 23:41, 04 February 14
No, W (2nd char), M (4th char), U (1st char), G(5th char), K (3rd char)
Is this the right way? I am sure I have tried this method , and it still did not work.

McKlain

Please, change the captcha for something that our poor brains don't have to decipher.

IanS

Quote from: Puresox on 12:10, 05 February 14
Is this the right way? I am sure I have tried this method , and it still did not work.
Works for me, just tried it again.

Gryzor

Just tried it, possibly the worst CAPTCHA system I've ever seen...

tastefulmrship

Puresox

Glad it wasn't just me, It's probably just so that he can show off his cool little  Lock out screen^^^^

Gryzor

Who, me? :D  (this goes to the screenshot above)

Puresox

I wasn't insinuating you had got it wrong  :D , just recognised that it was a little ambiguous .

Gryzor

I'm hoping he's going to change it soon...

Token

It's really a pain...
Maybe there's no captcha when you are registered there??
I think most people want to download a game, easy and friendly  ;D
At least a no brain captcha if there's one. This one is just terrible...

Puresox

Yeah, I can understand them wanting to use one , but is it really necessary it being so convoluted ?

McKlain

TFM

Solve? That's just an integral formula. To ask for a solution would be as stupid as to ask for a solution of X2
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

McKlain

Quote from: TFM on 18:45, 06 February 14
Solve? That's just an integral formula. To ask for a solution would be as stupid as to ask for a solution of X2

That makes it even more hilarious. YOU WON'T DOWNLOAD THE FILE EVER.

Phi2x

Gryzor

That's easy, since it doesn't have a time limit...

Nich

Quote from: Puresox on 23:24, 04 February 14
Eg.

UWKMG

Please don't feel that way! I was very confused as to why the CAPTCHA didn't work for me until it was explained by IanS and Devilmarkus (in another thread).

As others have already said, it is a very ambiguous puzzle and I hope Kukulcan replaces it with something that is easier to understand ASAP!

McKlain

This is a clear example of a programmer doing something that only he feels comfortable with  ::)

TFM

Quote from: McKlain on 21:50, 06 February 14
This is a clear example of a programmer doing something that only he feels comfortable with  ::)

Hey wait... I thought it's only me doing such crap...  :laugh:
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus